GSP: Diaz is probably the best boxer in MMA

Gsp is my fav fighter but he gives diaz too much credit. Silva is a better boxer so is aldo, edgar and mm to name a few Phone Post 3.0

Sir Psycho Sexy -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - I think Nate actually has the better boxing of the 2. I love watching his relentless volume punching, his fight with Cerrone was a work of art. Phone Post 3.0
Wait....what? Gayguard actually giving credit to a Diaz brother? No way, I don't believe it! Phone Post 3.0
I simply try my best to call it like I see it, I don't hate the Diaz brothers. I was actually a fan of Nate before his little labor dispute Phone Post 3.0

I'm surprised there are so many people on this forum that know more about Diaz's boxing than Georges does.

Lol I love how many morons disagree then list either no reason they disagree or stupid/false reasons Phone Post 3.0

Kinkle - Lol I love how many morons disagree then list either no reason they disagree or stupid/false reasons Phone Post 3.0
Ill list some. Little or no head movement. Poor footwork stands flatfooted much of the time. He also wings his hooks much like a haymaker rather than throwing a crisp tight hook. He is good with volume and cardio but the word i take issue with here is "best".

Watch any of the other fighters i listed above and you will see the difference. Phone Post 3.0

So moving foward flat footed with limited head movement and slap punching is boxing now?

^^^ relevent to the conversation.

"Best boxing in MMA" is obviously subjective and up for debate, but who else throws multiple punch combos on the regular like he does? Fabio Maldonado to a certain extent...who else? 

And the flat-footed thing. I think it has a lot to do with it being MMA (takedowns, etc.) and I think in a straight up boxing match, his techniques would be different. But I don't know as I've never seen his lone pro boxing match and have only seen snippets of him training. 

Southpaw76 - 
Kinkle - Lol I love how many morons disagree then list either no reason they disagree or stupid/false reasons Phone Post 3.0
Ill list some. Little or no head movement. Poor footwork stands flatfooted much of the time. He also wings his hooks much like a haymaker rather than throwing a crisp tight hook. He is good with volume and cardio but the word i take issue with here is "best".

Watch any of the other fighters i listed above and you will see the difference. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who talks about Nick's lack of head movement typically sounds dumb. Nick definitely uses head movement, he usually barely gets out of the way, so it might be hard for you to see, but it's there. And he also throws plenty of tight hooks. Aside from when he starts off a flurry with a jab, anytime Nick throws his lead hand, it's a hook; so it's not really possible for him to only "wing his hooks". Like when he seemed to stun GSP in the 3rd, he hit him with a looping right hook followed by a tight right hook.

And your list of fighters is ridiculous. If Anderson is a better boxer than Nick, how come he couldn't hit Weidman with any punches in those last 2 fights? And Edgar has a completely different style, valuing footwork, so it's kind of ridiculous to compare the two. Nick trains with Andre Ward, Ward always makes sure to bring him in when he fights a southpaw... but Nick sucks at boxing, right?

Nick and Nate both have great boxing

Southpaw76 - 

Didn't know it was possible to make 300 garbage posts in less than a month. Fag

I fucking knew there would be people calling bullshit on the opinion of one of the greatest mma fighters of all time who also prepared, game planned and fought the person in question.

Lmao Phone Post 3.0

I Got extendos, I GOT EXTENDOS! - I fucking knew there would be people calling bullshit on the opinion of one of the greatest mma fighters of all time who also prepared, game planned and fought the person in question.

Lmao Phone Post 3.0

Not to mention is a favored student of fucking Freddy Roach.

I AM A MOFO -
I Got extendos, I GOT EXTENDOS! - I fucking knew there would be people calling bullshit on the opinion of one of the greatest mma fighters of all time who also prepared, game planned and fought the person in question.

Lmao Phone Post 3.0

Lol yep Phone Post 3.0

I AM A MOFO -

Lmao Phone Post 3.0

Don't worry...someone will come along with hand-picked stats and MMAth that will prove once and for all that Nick has shitty boxing LOL! Phone Post 3.0

thestoebz -
Southpaw76 - 

You cant accept the fact that your boy diaz's career has come to an end so you resort to name calling rather than make an intelligent point.

The only reason he gets the Silva fight is for his antics, not accomplishments. Bisping could probably take him out at this point. Silva will retire him for good. Phone Post 3.0

blakemp -
Southpaw76 - 

Anyone who talks about Nick's lack of head movement typically sounds dumb. Nick definitely uses head movement, he usually barely gets out of the way, so it might be hard for you to see, but it's there. And he also throws plenty of tight hooks. Aside from when he starts off a flurry with a jab, anytime Nick throws his lead hand, it's a hook; so it's not really possible for him to only "wing his hooks". Like when he seemed to stun GSP in the 3rd, he hit him with a looping right hook followed by a tight right hook.

And your list of fighters is ridiculous. If Anderson is a better boxer than Nick, how come he couldn't hit Weidman with any punches in those last 2 fights? And Edgar has a completely different style, valuing footwork, so it's kind of ridiculous to compare the two. Nick trains with Andre Ward, Ward always makes sure to bring him in when he fights a southpaw... but Nick sucks at boxing, right?
You didnt read what I wrote did you? I said diaz is not the best, never said he sucked. My point is that his success comes more from his relentless pace and cardio rather than actual boxing technique. That is the point that he isnt the BEST BOXER. To say he is better than Anderson is a joke.

Sure easy to tell the diaz fanboys around here, I make a reasonable comment and you guys flip out Phone Post 3.0

Southpaw76 -
blakemp -
Southpaw76 - 

You didnt read what I wrote did you? I said diaz is not the best, never said he sucked. My point is that his success comes more from his relentless pace and cardio rather than actual boxing technique. That is the point that he isnt the BEST BOXER. To say he is better than Anderson is a joke.

Sure easy to tell the diaz fanboys around here, I make a reasonable comment and you guys flip out Phone Post 3.0
If you put Nick vs Anderson in a straight up boxing match, id bet on Nick everyday of the week, and I honestly can't see Nick beating Anderson in mma. Nick has spared with some high level guys, and from what I've heard, held his own. Phone Post 3.0

Southpaw76 -
thestoebz -
Southpaw76 - 

You cant accept the fact that your boy diaz's career has come to an end so you resort to name calling rather than make an intelligent point.

The only reason he gets the Silva fight is for his antics, not accomplishments. Bisping could probably take him out at this point. Silva will retire him for good. Phone Post 3.0
What 'antics' are you talking about?

Just like the GSP fight, it's assumed that Nick talked his way into it.

Show us how his antics got him a fight with AS. He was retired and said he would come back for the right $ or the right fight. They offered him AS. End of story. What "antics" did he use to get this fight? It's not his fault that Dana had to make the fight because of dwindling ratings. Phone Post 3.0

As a Diaz fan I can still argue JDS has by far superior boxing to Nick. Nick is a good boxer but is technically far from sound. His style of boxing works with his cardio and chin really well. That said I can think of a handful of guys with better boxing than Nick in MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Is it weird I want Nick and GSP to start hanging out?