GSP: G.O.A.T. is a fugazi

papa pump -
spjackson77 -

I read the title wrong and thought he was gonna say Fugazi is the goat punk band...

But yeah, gsp is also the goat 

They are though 

They're up there for sure.

Good take by GSP

colubrid1 -
BJTT-OGtripleOG - 
Nytron -

"There will always be one guy that will beat you."

GSP is correct, his name was Johnny Big Rigg Hendricks: http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

The "Of all time" part, given father time is undefeated, creates an oxymoron situation.

Or Matt Hughes

Or Matt Serra

But I think you miss the point

for Conor it was:

“Or for Diaz”

“Or for Kahbib”

When Conor avenges his loss to Kahbib. He will be on par with GSP. Tony will lose against Kahbib setting up the rematch.

…unless Kahbib starts using words like corona, ramadan or retirement for “legacy”…

Are you suggesting that a guy who is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and has never defended a title will be on the same level as GSP if he avenged one of his losses?

3 Likes

UFC hype would have you believe that every current main event winner is the new GOAT, they have turned the fight game into the WWE

Fugazi by Marillion is better than any album by Fugazi.

HELWIG -

on top of everything he said correct, theres also a huge difference between gym performance and in cage result.

word on the street was that jay hieron had GSP's number in training sessions. but George demolished him in the UFC.

its generally considered bad training etitquete to just go nuts on somebody during a session. so while you do get a very accurate idea of whos better, youre still going at a training pace under training parameters.

In my opinion Jay Herion beat Askren back in the day. 

staygreenponyboy - Fugazi by Marillion is better than any album by Fugazi.

oh boy, here we go.

inB4: Fugazi wasn’t even MacKaye’s best band, Minor Threat was the REAL DC Hardcore seminal band, Fugazi was after he sold out.

Slowshot - 

oh boy, here we go.

inB4: Fugazi wasn’t even MacKaye’s best band, Minor Threat was the REAL DC Hardcore seminal band, Fugazi was after he sold out.

inB4- Minor Threat was when Ian sold out. Teen Idles were real hardcore. 

GSP is the GOAT because he was the one top fighter who was willing to be the worst guy in the room when he trained BJJ, boxing, wrestling, in order to get better at everything. Lots of guys got the better of GSP in the gym, and that experience helped him become the best all around fighter. 

Fucking a right

Bobby Lupo -
Slowshot - 

oh boy, here we go.

GSP is the GOAT because he was the one top fighter who was willing to be the worst guy in the room when he trained BJJ, boxing, wrestling, in order to get better at everything. Lots of guys got the better of GSP in the gym, and that experience helped him become the best all around fighter. 

Holy fuck, did not realize lupo was an HC buff.  

mdrndaysamurai - 
Bobby Lupo -
Slowshot - 

oh boy, here we go.

I spent the entire 90s going to NYHC shows. Good times and a lot of good people. 

Bobby Lupo -
mdrndaysamurai - 
Bobby Lupo -
Slowshot - 

oh boy, here we go.

I spent the entire 90s going to NYHC shows. Good times and a lot of good people. 

You're one of the posters I tend to agree w most on the UG.  all makes sense now.  Grew up in Georgia but never missed sick of it all, madball, AF, h2o, or any of those guys when they came to ATL

Bobby Lupo - 
Slowshot - 

oh boy, here we go.

I have all the Teen Idles stuff and have been listening to Minor Threat since 1984. I’m a big fan of Ian in general.

I just think Marillion is on a whole other level.

jonnierockets20 -

I read that in his voice

#MeToo

Fun fact: "fugazi" was the name of a limo company that had reputation to be dodgy and that's where the term came from.