GSP/Hendricks = the JAB will be the key!

GSP's strategy will be based heavily on his jab.

He will try to win each round and cause damages with it. He will not care about being spectacular, just staying safe outside and racking points.

GSP is confident that he can cancel Hendricks takedowns.

If Hendricks gets frustrated or hurt, GSP will fake a jab and take him down then hold the whole round + some ground and pound.

Hendricks will need to have great jab defenses and counters from which he can land heavy strikes.

This fight will mainly be a kick BOXING match (emphasis on boxing!).

AND he who wins the jab game will be crowned the winner...... Mark my words!  : )

It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. Phone Post

Quite a limb you're going out on there. Predicting he will do what he's done successfully for the last 4 years. Ballsy.

: )

M Theory -

Quite a limb you're going out on there. Predicting he will do what he's done successfully for the last 4 years. Ballsy.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

Aaron

Meh...... Jab over the lefty's jab + slightly from the side

lots of leftys have been beaten with jabs

+ I really want Hendricks to win.

But he'll need to be patient and win the BOXING game!!!!! 

Go Johny go!

Aaron McKenzie - It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. Phone Post
GSP landed a decent number of jabs on Diaz, a southpaw. Phone Post 3.0

YHTOMIT2001 - 
Aaron McKenzie - It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. Phone Post
GSP landed a decent number of jabs on Diaz, a southpaw. Phone Post 3.0

Yup. Southpaw vs orthodox is symmetrical, neither has a positional advantage.

The advantage southpaws have is that they're used to fighting against orthodox fighters, whereas orthodox guys aren't as used to southpaws.

Aaron McKenzie - It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. Phone Post

Unless GSP has learned to jab with his right? OOOOHHHHHHHH!

Personally, I think he's actually going to utilize leg kicks to keep Johnny outside more so than the jab. 

GSP's biggest strength is neutralizing his opponents biggest strength. He'll be too quick and too careful to get nuked and Johnny will get frustrated/tired and make a small mistake. Boom, takedown. Rinse and repeat.

TTT

Dangerous for GSP to overuse those kicks. Those takedowns might come flying!

i really think jh has a plan to deal with that jab which has become gsps main weapon

Johny closes distance unbelievably quickly. For a did who has a shitty reach, he crosses 2 meters in a flash. The Kampmann KO is the perfect example of that. The only question I have is can gsp avoid getting tagged by johny who is ultra aggressive and closes so much distance.

Johny needs to do it in the first round , since as the fight wears on the cardio machine that is gsp will get more dominant. Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle - 

i really think jh has a plan to deal with that jab which has become gsps main weapon

... such as slipping far to the outside of GSP's jab and landing and overhand bomb. I don't see GSP trying to jab as it's just not a sound technique against a southpaw and especially someone with the power Hendricks has. GSP may have landed them on Diaz but Diaz does not have the same power (Diaz's TKOs come from volume, not one punch). I do see GSP mixing up his superman cross -> leg kick combo with a lead cross into blast double though

Aaron McKenzie - It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. Phone Post

I think it can be a very effective strategy when employed by a skilled enough jabber. I remember Jack Slack mentioning that he expects Johny's striking to be shut down by GSP's jab.

^ This

Depends who the doer of the deed is!

This Phone Post 3.0

GsP is a smart guy. I predict he circles to his left and fires off a ton of right hands, slips under Hendrix's right for the take down. Phone Post 3.0

Aaron McKenzie - It's like nobody knows that fundamentally an orthodox fighter jabbing a south paw is not a very sound strategy. 

This 

Depends who the Jabber is : )

That is based on the southpaw fighter knowing his craft and controlling the lead hand of his opponent. If he doesnt, then jabs are easy to land

Condit landed a number of jabs on Hendricks. And Condit doesnt even have a good jab (compared to GSP)