GSP: "I did injury my other knee... "

And I'm done on this topic. There are going to be polarizing opinions and I accept that. I've said my piece over 4 different threads... Should know better by now haha.

This issue will be resolved when GSP steps back into the octagon and none of us clacking on keys is gonna change that. Phone Post

I haven't been able to comment on this yet.  As a huge GSP fan, this is just very sad news.  I truly hope he can come back 100%, but I am preparing myself mentally to see another one of my favourite fighters lose a step.

EnderTL - 
Cyril Jeff -
orcus -  He'll be champion again? They aren't stripping him of his title.

I think he knows it's the right thing to do, him saying that is pretty classy imo.

silly to tie the division up for at the very least a year...
I don't understand the tying up the division comments.

Does everyone stop fighting because GSP is out?

The sentiment seems to be that people don't like that there is no possibility of a new champion to be crowned in that time.. But if they strip the title, then whoever IS crowned champ is only getting it because the former champ is recovering from injury.

Do you think either Condit or Diaz want a belt under that circumstance?

As a fan, I would never consider that a real championship belt until the champ was back and fought again. Phone Post
fair enough, he's had to pull out of 2 consecutive Title Fights due to injury, and will now be on the shelf for a year.

how long should the division wait?

reality is the one year time frame is best case scenario, he knows it's not realistic to hold the title for that long, thus his "I will be champion again" comment.

just for the record, whomever wins, they WILL want to defeat GSP to solidify their position, but he should still be stripped imo.

has nothing to do with him being one of, if not THE BEST WW's in Combat Sports History, not an emotional decision, just busines...

Cyril Jeff -
EnderTL - 
Cyril Jeff -
orcus -  He'll be champion again? They aren't stripping him of his title.

I think he knows it's the right thing to do, him saying that is pretty classy imo.
silly to tie the division up for at the very least a year...
I don't understand the tying up the division comments.

Does everyone stop fighting because GSP is out?

The sentiment seems to be that people don't like that there is no possibility of a new champion to be crowned in that time.. But if they strip the title, then whoever IS crowned champ is only getting it because the former champ is recovering from injury.

Do you think either Condit or Diaz want a belt under that circumstance?

As a fan, I would never consider that a real championship belt until the champ was back and fought again. Phone Post
fair enough, he's had to pull out of 2 consecutive Title Fights due to injury, and will now be on the shelf for a year.

how long should the division wait?

reality is the one year time frame is best case scenario, he knows it's not realistic to hold the title for that long, thus his "I will be champion again" comment.

I know I said I'm done but I respect your comments so I will respond.

I guess my opinion is that everyone is waiting for GSP to return no matter what, and taking the belt causes unnecessary hassle.

If they have an interim belt then there is an interim champion waiting for the champion return.

If they take the belt, then we have an "undisputed" champ that isn't actually undisputed, and now he's waiting for the former champ to return in order to solidify his position... So he's essentially in the same position as the interim champ.

I mentioned in another thread that of in a couple of months there is no solid timeline for GSPs return then it would be fair to consider turning the interim belt into the undisputed belt.. but right now is too soon to make that decision. At least wait to see how the situation is after Condit/Diaz.

I will respectfully read responses but I'm tired of this already so don't be offended if I don't reply haha. Phone Post

thanks for your reply.

all I would add is that the Champ has to defend the belt within a year's time, he'll be at almost 2 it seems between defenses, too long imo.

just my 2 pence.

Firas Zahabi

GSP open the Toronto stock exchange today!!