GSP: I will never fight again in UFC unless...

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre is enjoying life outside of mixed martial arts (MMA), and despite a few teases here and there, is probably not going to re-join the combat sports promotion anytime soon.

Unless it guarantees rigorous drug testing for each of his fights (and doesn't make him look stupid).

Rigorous enough to detect even the most advanced performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), which have continued to find a home among many of today's UFC fighters, despite increased testing from both local athletic commissions and the organization itself.

That's according to a conversation "Rush" had with Bloody Elbow.

"I will never fight again in MMA without my opponent and myself being thoroughly tested for the most advanced PEDs by a credible independent anti-doping organization like VADA or USADA under the strictest standards of the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) Code. A true martial artist must respect his opponent and fight clean."

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/22/6056437/georges-st-pierre-never-fight-again-ufc-unless-opponent-independently-drug-tested-mma

This is also the only thing stopping me from fighting in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame really that it takes this kind of attention in order for companies, commissions etc to step up and get inline with higher standards of Anti-doping regulations.
At the end of the day it comes down to money and pressure. Put enough influence on these two and force them to change. Phone Post 3.0

So he is comming back :p

The lady doth protest too much,methinks

GSP is one of the greatest ever.  That said, it just seems odd that any fighter will get to dictate these kind of terms.  I understand his point, and not saying i dislike him for it, but just seems a little on the demanding side, IMO.

The UFC is already making huge steps in the direction of clampling down on PED's.  If they want to complete eliminate PED's (they never will), they will do it on their terms, not GSP's.

I'm so glad he's taking the stand against these drugs without sounding like a cry baby

I have a ton of respect for what he's doing Phone Post 3.0

he should do Metamoris Phone Post 3.0

King Of All Tenors - he should do Metamoris Phone Post 3.0
They have even less testing! Tho I do think that someone juicing poses less of threat to someone in a grappling match than a mma fight Phone Post 3.0

That being said I would LOVE to see him do it! Phone Post 3.0

It'd be funny if the UFC hit GSP with a random blood test and he popped hot for like 5 different banned substances. Not sure they could though considering he is retired. Phone Post 3.0

I think it's pretty cool that he is using his position power to leverage change in the organization.

That being said, I am all for an All-Steroid-League

The Tiger Man -
jmfp - It'd be funny if the UFC hit GSP with a random blood test and he popped hot for like 5 different banned substances. Not sure they could though considering he is retired. Phone Post 3.0
UFC needs GSP not the other way around Phone Post 3.0
He's the biggest draw, you think they're happy with the upcoming ppv main events when gsp could be headlining 3 a year?

Imagine if the sports top stars all
Leave the sport because zuffa doesn't want to cut the guys that are talented and continue to test positive ? Phone Post 3.0

For all of Nick Diaz's rants, and even though he implied GSP was on PEDs, Diaz claimed way back that most fighters were on some sort of PED.  I hope the UFC continues to crack down on it.  I remember when Sherk got busted and I was shocked with the UFC's compliance for their LW champ at the time.

Zwingli - The lady doth protest too much,methinks

I agree.

I think VADA GSP beats VADA Hendricks but if he fights a top WW who is clean GSP is toast.

I don't think he'd be drawing as much attention to the drug issue if he wasn't thinking of coming back because it has the potential to ruin his legacy.

Morgz - 

GSP is one of the greatest ever.  That said, it just seems odd that any fighter will get to dictate these kind of terms.  I understand his point, and not saying i dislike him for it, but just seems a little on the demanding side, IMO.

The UFC is already making huge steps in the direction of clampling down on PED's.  If they want to complete eliminate PED's (they never will), they will do it on their terms, not GSP's.

They should be doing it the way Georges is demanding anyway. What he's asking for isn't over the top. It's the way these things should be handled, especially by the top organization in the world.

The Tiger Man -
jmfp - It'd be funny if the UFC hit GSP with a random blood test and he popped hot for like 5 different banned substances. Not sure they could though considering he is retired. Phone Post 3.0
UFC needs GSP not the other way around Phone Post 3.0
Neither need each other GSP would be fine if he never fought again and the UFC has shut down just because he retired Phone Post 3.0

Or until Hendricks loses Phone Post 3.0

I wonder why the sudden stance he's had the past year,what did he witness in the gym from other fighters(tri-star,Jacksons,at Renzos w Danaher) or what info does he have besides the few test failures,he came on strong about anti-peds out of nowhere just before his fight with hendricks.

Morgz - 

The ufc hasn't done anything. Drysdale busted twice in one fight still has a job.

The nsac is the one cracking down.

The ufc couldn't give a shit.