GSP: I will never fight again in UFC unless...

AdmiralCackbar -
Morgz - 

GSP is one of the greatest ever.  That said, it just seems odd that any fighter will get to dictate these kind of terms.  I understand his point, and not saying i dislike him for it, but just seems a little on the demanding side, IMO.

The UFC is already making huge steps in the direction of clampling down on PED's.  If they want to complete eliminate PED's (they never will), they will do it on their terms, not GSP's.

They should be doing it the way Georges is demanding anyway. What he's asking for isn't over the top. It's the way these things should be handled, especially by the top organization in the world.
This. If they are so concerned with a clean sport, this is what needs to be done.

That's what I find funny about the UG. The same people who trash Vitor for TRT trash GSP for his stance against PEDs and wanting testing. It's ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

HandyDarsh - 
The Tiger Man -
jmfp - It'd be funny if the UFC hit GSP with a random blood test and he popped hot for like 5 different banned substances. Not sure they could though considering he is retired. Phone Post 3.0
UFC needs GSP not the other way around Phone Post 3.0
He's the biggest draw, you think they're happy with the upcoming ppv main events when gsp could be headlining 3 a year?

Imagine if the sports top stars all
Leave the sport because zuffa doesn't want to cut the guys that are talented and continue to test positive ? Phone Post 3.0

They've driven GSP hard for all he's worth.

He might be back for a few big, big money fights but with all the injuries he's had there's no way he's going to be fighting three times a year.

Not to mention giving belfort a title shot after failing a test...

vagabond - 
Morgz - 

GSP is one of the greatest ever.  That said, it just seems odd that any fighter will get to dictate these kind of terms.  I understand his point, and not saying i dislike him for it, but just seems a little on the demanding side, IMO.

The UFC is already making huge steps in the direction of clampling down on PED's.  If they want to complete eliminate PED's (they never will), they will do it on their terms, not GSP's.

The ufc hasn't done anything. Drysdale busted twice in one fight still has a job.

The nsac is the one cracking down.

The ufc couldn't give a shit.

From GSP's words it sounds like he's not massively concerned about fights not involving himself.

It seems he's happy to fight:

1) Where both guys have minimal testing

2) Where both guys have strict testing.

But not where he's strictly tested and his opponent isn't (Hendricks).

Read into that what you will about his own personal use and what he does when testing is negligible.

Zwingli - The lady doth protest too much,methinks

Funny... A while back I used the exact same quote on the exact same subject only in reference to BJ Penn. I'm pretty sure I was voted down quite a bit that day.

Pitbull3744 - 

WHO THE FUCK WANTS YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.  

The ww division is so damn exciting right now why would we want him to come back and LNP it to death lol.  

I most definitely want him back in the UFC.

Lanceness021 - 
vagabond - 
Morgz - 

The ufc hasn't done anything. Drysdale busted twice in one fight still has a job.

From GSP's words it sounds like he's not massively concerned about fights not involving himself.

Read into that what you will about his own personal use and what he does when testing is negligible.

He was asked what it would take to bring him back.. of course he is going to want his fights tested..

Nice try though.

Pitbull3744 - 

The ww division is so damn exciting right now why would we want him to come back and LNP it to death lol.  

As if two fights per year changed the excitement level of dozens of other welterweight fights... You're reaching.

Ansari -
Pitbull3744 - 

As if two fights per year changed the excitement level of dozens of other welterweight fights... You're reaching.

This Phone Post 3.0

Lanceness021 - 
vagabond - 
Morgz - 

What the hell are you talking about?

"I will never fight again in MMA without my opponent and MYSELF being thoroughly tested for the most advanced PEDs by a credible independent anti-doping organization like VADA or USADA under the strictest standards of the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) Code. A true martial artist must respect his opponent and fight clean."

Pitbull3744 -

You're a douche. If the fighters can't defend it, they don't deserve to be champion. Champion should be the best guy in the division which is GSP like it or not Phone Post 3.0

vagabond - 
Morgz - 

My bad.   I stand corrected in that the NSAC and CSAC (and other AC's) are the one's  doing the testing.  I thought some of that was at UFC encouragement though.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I also thought they had fired a few fighters (Matt Riddle, for weed), cut ties with Chael, etc.

Anyway, my point was more that in my opinion, it seems a bit much for any fighter to make demands like this..  But  it's really just my opinion.  Seems I'm in the minority, but that's cool.

I thought Dana said if a fighter requests blood and urine samples they will pay for the testing themselves. Lorenzo too. Bisping asked for him and Cung to get the enhanced testing and they gave it to them right away. Not sure what the issue would be then if the UFC is offering to do it to 2 fighters that are not nearly the draw that GSP is. Of course they would do testing for him just to get him back in there. Phone Post 3.0

Ansari - 
Zwingli - The lady doth protest too much,methinks

Funny... A while back I used the exact same quote on the exact same subject only in reference to BJ Penn. I'm pretty sure I was voted down quite a bit that day.

When considering the company we keep at this fine establishment,one must also consider the possibility the quote was not taken in the classical sense.

It's quite possible you were voted down for the wrong reason.lol

The stories are really coming out about what doping did to the sport of cycling and how it hurts the sport and athletes, so yes, I'm for drug testing in mma.

Morgz -

I disagree. It's simply a money issue. He's one of the greatest of all time, he dictates certain terms. Phone Post 3.0

AdmiralCackbar - 
Lanceness021 - 
vagabond - 
Morgz - 

"I will never fight again in MMA without my opponent and MYSELF being thoroughly tested for the most advanced PEDs by a credible independent anti-doping organization like VADA or USADA under the strictest standards of the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) Code. A true martial artist must respect his opponent and fight clean."

So if we believe what he says we are to believe:

1) There has been big time drug taking in the UFC.

2) He has been clean throughout his career.

3) For the most of his career he has been competing against guys on PED's whilst he is clean.

4) The unfair disadvantage that he was under for the majority of his career only became an issue prior to the Hendricks fight when coincidentally he was being tested for the first time.

Brigham -
Pitbull3744 -

You're a douche. If the fighters can't defend it, they don't deserve to be champion. Champion should be the best guy in the division which is GSP like it or not Phone Post 3.0
You mean Hendricks Phone Post 3.0

Lanceness021 -
AdmiralCackbar - 
Lanceness021 - 
vagabond - 
Morgz - 

3) For the most of his career he has been competing against guys on PED's whilst he is clean.

4) The unfair disadvantage that he was under for the majority of his career only became an issue prior to the Hendricks fight when coincidentally he was being tested for the first time.
This dude knows what's up!

GSP splits just around the time random testing gets more rigorous? Phone Post 3.0

Dongbar -
Lanceness021 -
AdmiralCackbar - 
Lanceness021 - 
vagabond - 
Morgz - 

This dude knows what's up!

GSP splits just around the time random testing gets more rigorous? Phone Post 3.0
He's a man of principle Phone Post 3.0