GSP Loses alot of money.......

A close friend to GSP, said that Georges bet alot of money on himself before the fight, some where in the ball park of 75-100k range. This means he used pretty much his whole advance from the UFC after signing his new contract. Gotta feel bad for the guy.

That is illegal. Ask Pete Rose.

Well my source said he had a friend bet on him with his money.

Uhh, didn't Pete Rose bet on his team to LOSE? How do you cheat in a fight to guarantee that you WIN?

so is striking to the back of the head
jk

BS

i find that hard to believe. If you have 75-100k it's not worth the risk. The payout would have been 10-15k.

Yeah thats what I thought Chris, but this source is pretty reliable.

Didn't Hopkins bet on himself?

My friend said that he bet on Serra and made tons of $$$.

Yeah Hopkins did. Hopkins was given $100,000 (i think) from GoldenPalace. Instead of taking the money, he said to just turn it into a bet on himself.

i doubt it!!!!

boxers and fighters can bet on themselves to win.

Pete Rose bet the reds to win every game. Sports betting is illegal in MLB as it is in the NBA and the NFL. Boxers have no such rule to follow.

"i find that hard to believe. If you have 75-100k it's not worth the risk. The payout would have been 10-15k."

Canadians arn't known for their intellectual prowess.

"i find that hard to believe. If you have 75-100k it's not worth the risk. The payout would have been 10-15k."

exactly

Where can you bet 75k-100k on a fight? All the online book makers i have seen normally max out at 1k.

Do vegas bookies allow bets that big?

fighters are allowed to bet on themselves

"Well my source said he had a friend bet on him with his money."

Proof that this thread is bullshit.

There's no where you can bet that amount of money without involving 10+ people making seperate bets. Do you even know 5 people you can trust with your money nevermind keeping a juicy secret? If so good luck getting your share from all of them.