GSP: "Nick Diaz Could Be Best Boxer In The UFC"

GSP gives props to Nick's boxing skills, but says he fears Condit will win Saturday night:

http://fcfighter.com/post/gsp-i-am-very-nervous-carlos-condit-will-win-on-saturday-night

I've never understood why everybody flat out loves Nick Diaz's boxing.

He's very good, don't get me wrong, but he gets hit A LOT. Not just a bit, Diaz gets perpetually drilled in the face in fights. The reason he gets away with such defensive deficiencies is because he has one of the best chins in MMA history.

Brilliantly offensive, but his defense leaves a LOT to be desired.

So blocking with your face isn't defense? Phone Post

ENZO007 - GSP doesn't fear that Condit is going to win, he is praying Condit wins so he won't have to fight Diaz.

Yes you're right. GSP is scared. Don't be an idiot keyboard warrior. Phone Post

Gsp knows nick will win, he's just being polite. Phone Post

Chris Power -  I've never understood why everybody flat out loves Nick Diaz's boxing.

He's very good, don't get me wrong, but he gets hit A LOT. Not just a bit, Diaz gets perpetually drilled in the face in fights. The reason he gets away with such defensive deficiencies is because he has one of the best chins in MMA history.

Diaz and JDS prove that in MMA boxing, offense is 95 percent of the game. Volume and power is enough to win against nearly anyone if you have a solid chin.

32Hunter - Gsp knows nick will win, he's just being polite.
This

Fights are often hyped to be more than they actually are, tickets have to be sold.

Chris Power -  I've never understood why everybody flat out loves Nick Diaz's boxing.

This is the same story with Overeem's KickBoxing.

Offensively it may be some of the best in MMA, but defensively they both leave a lot to be desired.

I think GSP is extremely confident, he's a beast still but people have forgotten that

I pick GSP vs whoever, Condit or Diaz

un3rgr0und - I think GSP is extremely confident, he's a beast still but people have forgotten that

I pick GSP vs whoever, Condit or Diaz
I agree. I'm a Diaz fan, but I don't think he can beat GSP, unless the injury has lessened his abilities.

acid jazz -
This

Fights are often hyped to be more than they actually are, tickets have to be sold.

Exactly, Diaz is getting the same hype and it filled the bandwagon with people who think he's actually going to beat GSP Phone Post

Condit and Diaz have very similar styles... both guys are built similar, seem to be similar in the strength department, very good ground games, lack a bit of wrestling, stand up is similar with Condit being a little more explosive and throws more knees and kicks while Diaz puts out a high volume of punches, both guys have great chins (Diaz may have the best,) both guys are super tough and resilient with hearts of lions!

GSP is street certified. I wonder what his street fight record is. Phone Post

I don't think Diaz has great boxing overall, but what he does do well is utilize his reach and works the jab. So many guys seem to completely ignore the jab and I have no idea why. Phone Post

ENZO007 - GSP doesn't fear that Condit is going to win, he is praying Condit wins so he won't have to fight Diaz.

LOL at this theory. GSP told the UFC to put the number one contender on the back burner so he could destroy Nick. You dun failed to troll son. Phone Post

Hugo Stiglitz -
acid jazz -
This

Exactly, Diaz is getting the same hype and it filled the bandwagon with people who think he's actually going to beat GSP Phone Post

Actually I was talking about the conduit winning part. Phone Post

correct..but even with these deficiencies, hes one of the best boxers in mma...there arent too many good boxers in mma...can you name many that are better than nick?

penn, vitor, silva are possibly better in terms of technique..not sure of many others

ENZO007 - GSP doesn't fear that Condit is going to win, he is praying Condit wins so he won't have to fight Diaz.

Dont be such a fucking buffoon.

goku - 

correct..but even with these deficiencies, hes one of the best boxers in mma...there arent too many good boxers in mma...can you name many that are better than nick?

penn, vitor, silva are possibly better in terms of technique..not sure of many others

Aldo

James Toney? :-)

Nick is up there no doubt, just cannot call him the best boxer. 

Rory Macdonald gave GSP the blueprint against Nate. Nick have a identical style albeit he's better, and GSP will do two things. Kick at distance and go for his powerdoubles (unless his knees aren't up to par, in wich case he'll go for fence work and TDs off of there). Keep distance and kicking to a decision basically. But nick may is one of the best at making opponents fight his fight. GSP have never faced an opponent who's as good at makjng people fight his game as well as nick is.

I'm having a hard time calling it, especially when GSPs knees are in question.

Rory will loose I think. And it'll be because he thinks he can box with nick. He'll get sucked in by Diaz and it'll be over in three
Rounds Phone Post