GSP should be promoted !!

Who is GSP's BJJ teacher ?? He should definately get promoted to Brown belt solely on the merrit of this fight tonight. The kid should be making his instructor proud with his awesome show of technique and transitions this evening.

He should be promoted to brown !!

He should be promoted to a one-stripe purple. Seriously, what difference does it make. Outside of BJ Penn, I don't know any 170 pound BJJ black belts who'd stand a chance against GSP in MMA.

George St-Pierre trains with Fabio Holanda at the BTT/GAMMA gym in montreal... I don't know if he only trains his ground game there though...

There were three guys coming in with George in his fight, David Loiseau, some big guy who liked to spray him with some water, and Fabio who was the one in the back smiling the whole time.

he's damn good

I realize his MMA game is unreal. My point is that in this particular fight he used his BJJ to make Trigg look like a Child.

He deserves a promotion in rank stricktly based on his BJJ performance last night !!

he'll get promoted soon.

Yeah, he beat Otto at ADCC 05' too... I say Brown Belt for GSP!

Brown belt my ass he is a Black Belt level period. If a guy can handle himself in that manner he is definatly worthy of a BB.

And your right outside of Penn GSP will have his way with alot of guys.

Brown belt my ass he is a Black Belt level period. If a guy can handle himself in that manner he is definatly worthy of a BB.

And your right outside of Penn GSP will have his way with alot of guys.

I think what makes GSP really dangerous on the ground Is his great mixing of his wrestling skills and his BJJ.

he is definately not a blue belt.

he was wearing a purple.

He passed guard like it was a fat chick with an STD.

His current rank is purple.

I think it is crazy when you see a super talanted guy who has great success in mma and at adcc and is still ranked a purple belt.

Trigg may not have BJJ skills but I think a lot of guys with higher belts than GSP may have had a lot of trouble keeping Trigg down. He was fighting awfully hard to get up from the bottom. I was impressed GSP managed to keep control. I think people are forgetting Trigg is extremely strong for 170, but unfortunately for him so is GSP.

GSP will be the 170 champ one day. He will beat Diego's ass really, really bad.

Diego should fear St Peezy like a fat kid fears summer fat camp.

George is not strong ,hes freakishly strong,an amazing athlete,but BJJ & NHB fighting are two different sports.you take the ability to strike away from george ,I dont see him beating BBs,I saw him compete in a 8 man NO-GI grappling tournament in ontario ,Canada. which he won but the top ranking fighter in BJJ was a purple .he tapped judo BB w/kimura at the same event.BJJ is determined with the GI ,I know alot of guys who are worthy of a higher rank ,but because they dont put the GI on they will not get Promoted

Send George to the Mundials in the purple belt Div. finish top 3 get your brown .as a MMA fighter he probably does not care what belt he is ,it means nothing in this game.

He trains with the gi (without it too obviously), so it makes sense after that performance that he gets to the next level with the gi.