GSP .... the hate continues..

I still dont know why theres so much hate. Gsp hasnt finished a fight in a while yes we know this but where is th credit he deserves for not being defeated or even in danger in those fights. People wanna see the quick ko or sub, but how come none of his opponents have done it. Okay gsp likes to wrestle , wheres the ultimate bjj guy(shields) to nulify that. Okay gsp stood and boxed , wheres the high level strikersto put him on his ass(hardy, alves, fitch, penn) .? People dont go out there to lose no matter what shit u believe in. Lemme just come out here with all the flashy stuff to please the fans but i get dropped for it. You have to be smart. I dont see people bashing other teams in sports that have a strategy that they impose on other teams. We cheer for great pitching in baseball. We cheer for a good defense in football and hockey. Why cant a fighter know his game plan, execute it and be done.

Im waiting to see the hate that follows this thread. But its very logical people Phone Post

Koscheck, Shields, Hardy and Fitch (that's his entire title run minus Alves and Penn) have all been finished in the first round in recent years. All except Koscheck were dismantled after he took them to a boring 25 minute decision.

People have different opinions and not every dissenting thoughts constitute "hating". And that's okay.

Some people don't like a boring fighter who is more than capable of finishing but plays it safe and coasts to a decision. It puts them to sleep. Personally, I like seeing GSP being the best Welterweight out there and struggling to put away guys, coasting to decisions, and then B-C levelers coming along and putting them out in the 1st round or submitting them because they are hungry.

Excluding Ellenberger and Hendricks, who are A level for sure.

GSP just isn't hungry and is only defending and fights for paychecks and sponsors, not for the fans.

He used to be hungry and at one time I was a fan of his style from his rematch with Matt Serra and prior when he would work a bit more to actually finish guys.

Fitch, Chael and GSP bore the shit out I'd me. Phone Post

Jamiee - People have different opinions and not every dissenting thoughts constitute "hating". And that's okay.
True. Why is this so hard for some people to grasp?

There is no effort to FINISH by KO, SUB, or even TKO on his part.

It is VERY obvious he goes in there to play the MMA "game/sport", but not to fight.

He wrestles, but only controls...Weak ground and pound and no subs.

On the feet he is content to ONLY jab, jab, jab for 5 rounds without even trying to get a KO or TKO finish.

This is OBVIOUSLY because of Matt Serra. Everyone knows this.

End result ?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

When GSP fights you KNOW you can get up...go to the bathroom...make a sandwich...call a girl...and when you're done the fight will be in the exact same place as when you left...and then wait for the decision.

You like paying $50 for that ?

Jamiee - People have different opinions and not every dissenting thoughts constitute "hating". And that's okay.

This is reality. You don't have to "hate" GSP if you say you are not entertained or that he is boring as of late.

Poster's like GloveGate will tell you that anyone being critical of GSP's recent style/lack of aggression must have ot be a fanatic of another fighter. He will swear that it is impossibile to just be bored with his fights...

I like GSP he may go down as one of the best 170lb UFC champs ever. That doesn't change the fact that his last several fights were boring.

On the flip side I'm not a big Jones fan but all of his fights are exciting as hell and I will pay my hard earned $ money to watch him fight every time an lose or draw. With his long lanky ass lol

Signed another Anderson nut hugger Phone Post

Bloodstorm -  I like GSP he may go down as one of the best 170lb UFC champs ever. That doesn't change the fact that his last several fights were boring.

On the flip side I'm not a big Jones fan but all of his fights are exciting as hell and I will pay my hard earned $ money to watch him fight every time an lose or draw. With his long lanky ass lol

Signed another Anderson nut hugger Phone Post

This is 100% spot on with how I feel. Every word of it.

I hope all this talk about GSP galvanizes him into the fighter everyone knows he can be. Phone Post

OftheWay -  I hope all this talk about GSP galvanizes him into the fighter everyone knows he can be. Phone Post

Me too. I used to love watching him beat people down...even when it was my favorite fighter.

MMA fans are fickle and suffer from fight amnesia.

When GSP finishes his next couple fights he will be the greatest that ever lived again with people claiming #1 P4P

When he goes to a few decision after those finishes he will be known as a bad fighter, cant finish and should even be #5 P4P

Then he will win 1 fight through a finish and he will be back to greatest fighter ever lived.

Such are the emotions of the mma fan. Bandwagon jumpers.

I don't hate GSP. I just find him a little more boring than the other champs.

Finishes aren't necessary for an exciting fight either. Bendo/Pettis and Shogun/Hendo are just a couple of examples of exciting fights that ended in a decision. There have been many others that were exciting that also ended in a decision.

I haven't always found GSP boring; it's just his most recent fights. His last exciting fight was his second fight with Penn. Since then, I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps he's become more risk-averse than the other champs.

He doesn't have to stand and bang to be exciting, but he does have the tools to destroy people and I think that's what some fans would like to see.

Manny Yarbrough GOAT - 
zaqson - 
Glovegate - People hate on GSP because they love Anderson or Jones or BJ or whoever. The same goes for any other combination of those fighters and a few others.

They hate because they cannot STAND it when they see someone other than their particular golden boy getting any attention and immediately jump in and start bashing.

GSP is boring, Anderson is afraid, Jones is too big, BJ wasn't motivated, blah blah FUCKING blah.

That is the general formula for discussions around here.

this

LOL, NO, nice try, but no.

Look at some of the previous posts as to why people dislike GSP's boring as fuck style. 

They're all bigots?

What other UFC fighters haven't finished an opponent in the last 36 months? I bet the list is pretty scarce.

Also, 2 finishes in the last 60 months.

TheRaider - What other UFC fighters haven't finished an opponent in the last 36 months? I bet the list is pretty scarce.

Also, 2 finishes in the last 60 months.

What other UFC fighter can draw 1,000,000 PPV buys?

He's the John Cena of MMA.

Gsp will finish Diaz or condit and then we will laugh Phone Post

Zamiel - He's the John Cena of MMA.
Cena was the centerpiece during the biggest drop off in wrestling history. Raw went from doing Super Bowl numbers each week to only having a few million viewers.

Hulk Hogan would be the better comparison, though I don't agree with the point you're trying to make.