GSP to ADCC

Fertittas and Sheikh are fishing buddies so I doubt there is much of a problem. This years ADCC was even meant to be held in co-operation Zuffa/UFC in Vegas but since ADCC's last event was in The States they opted to go for Europe instead.

Anyone else hoping for a Marcelo Garcia vs. GSP matchup? :)

from dw's interview with rome, he said it was basically an complete tare of the groin. Doesn't sound good. I wouldn't bet on him competing.

According to a statement issued late Saturday night by St-Pierre's manager, Shari Spencer, no surgery will be required to repair the injury."Evaluation of the results of an MRI indicate that no surgery will be required, and Georges should be back in the gym training within a few weeks after a brief rehabilitation," Spencer stated."

So there could still be a chance that he'll be in the competition.

esila - Anyone else hoping for a Marcelo Garcia vs. GSP matchup? :)

I am. That'd be fun to watch just for the simple fact that a hugely dominate champion in MMA would be facing another dominate champion in his own sport.

What about Fedor? I remember there being talks of him competing a few weeks back.

demonbasketball04 - How did GSP do it '05??

his first match was with Otto Olson, who was a 3-time all american NCAA wrestler

GSP impressively took him down and dominated him positionally. textbook double legs

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wkbp_georges-st-pierre-vs-otto-olsen_sport

but then GSP's second match was with top BJJ champion Leonardo Santos. Leo beat GSP by FLYING ARMBAR in less than a minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBO3Bunt3i8

MMA, sure. GSP would ruin him

but sub grappling? doesn't get much sweeter than a flying armbar in less than a minute

This is when he switched from rash guard to......well, you know the rest.

who mentioned BJ Penn? BJ's never done ADCC

esila - Anyone else hoping for a Marcelo Garcia vs. GSP matchup? :)

totally

CRE - Jake Shields competing?

This is the only way I would agree with you on a match with Shields and GSP. ADCC, Shields definitely win. But MMA, he would get picked apart.

Nickman9000 - 

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/qBO3Bunt3i8&hl=en&fs=1&", "postVideo-26740781-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-26740781");  This is when he switched from rash guard to......well, you know the rest.

wow, that was nice...

EKPOGI - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -  I don't think UFC ever had a problem with fighters or even champions competing in ADCC?  Hell, weren't Matt Hughes & Tito Ortiz both UFC champions at the time of their ADCC match?

i think that was pre-zuffa.it would be cool to see BJ Penn compete.

i think bjs bjj isnt wat it used to be, its more tailored to mma now instead of comp bjj. if he trained for just bjj like he used to then i think he would dominate. either way it would be cool to see him compete, hes probably dust the comp still.

JDolo -  GSP beats Leo 9 times out of 10 sub grappling, 10 times out of 10 mma.

LOL please, do you even know who Leo Santos is?

I think BJ said he still trains in the gi all the time? He has other good black belts there all the time, so if hes still wearing the gi with them then I'd say hes probably better than when he won the Mundials.

It'd be great to see him do the Mundials again. He's too big now for Feather (what he won at), so Im sure hed have to do Light. Some interesting match ups for him if your a nerd about it.

oh the nuthugging

Ensanity - Dana will let him compete???

I thought the UFC cockblocks grappling comps.

As long as it doesn't conflict with a fight, Dana doesn't care. Lorenzo said he didn't care if Fedor competed in Sambo. He said what Fedor and his management are saying is complete bogus.

Hopefully Fedor does ADCC. I heard a while back that he was planning on it.

JDolo - GSP beats Leo 9 times out of 10 sub grappling, 10 times out of 10 mma.

You're slowly turning into one of the biggest trolls on here.

Today, maybe, but not in 2005. GSP has evolved.

THP - Hopefully Fedor does ADCC. I heard a while back that he was planning on it.

I heard quite a while ago that he wasn't going to do it after all. If you do a search on it aall the articles that say he is are really old. I hope he does cos he'd be in my division. I would love a chance to compete against Fedor!