GSP to fight for WW title

...as per mmania.com

Didn't see a thread yet. But wtf, hasn't everyone who's seen him lately said he's huge now? Also, does Tyron hold out another 6 mos for dat big money fight?

sauce: http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/21/15671328/ufc-dana-white-georges-st-pierre-will-face-ufc-welterweight-champion-upon-return-mma

anything to keep Maia from getting a shot

lol

I would laugh if GSP holds out until Woodley has to face Maia. 

cyberc92 -

Would be smart for sure. GSP would wreck Maia. I like both guys though.

Tyrone on the other hand was so close to getting submitted by Condit before Condit blew his knee out. Condit had the wrist control multiple times.

So Tyrone could probably beat Maia via sprawl and Brawl, but that's it.

GSP on the other hand is a legit black belt and knows what to watch out for. He can easy smother Maia for 2 rounds then GNP third round finish.

cyberc92 -

"upon return" is the key phrase here. Woodley fights Maia and GSP faces the winner as early as Fall 2017.

I think this makes sense but you have to think that Woodley would do everything in his power to sit out those few months until GSP is ready (he said Nov at earliest).

It would be a HUGE pay difference.

GSP is so transparent, everyone asked him what the plan was if he beat Bisping for the MW title and he pretended like hd didnt know he was going to bail to the WW division and avoid fighting any of the monsters at MW. He knew all along that was a quick smash and grab to get another weight title.

Now Maia is likely to get fucked over by GSP and his ridiculously extended prep time.

What a let down. Gsp/bisping is a wayyyy better fight. 

That fucking sucks. 

Jayn200 -

What a let down. Gsp/bisping is a wayyyy better fight. 

That fucking sucks. 

I was more pumped for that fight too. I was looking forward to see how GSP could handle the size difference.

GSP announcing his comeback in February then telling everyone to wait for him to be ready to fight in November is the cause of all this nonsense.

I just want GSP to fuck off at this point

EckY - GSP announcing his comeback in February then telling everyone to wait for him to be ready to fight in November is the cause of all this nonsense.

Yeah, I don't know why he woudn'tve just waited to announce until he was ACTUALLY ready to fight. I wonder what it was about the timing that made him announce early?

Mshi - I just want GSP to fuck off at this point
This he's the most boring champ in MMA history

Hi_KKM -
EckY - GSP announcing his comeback in February then telling everyone to wait for him to be ready to fight in November is the cause of all this nonsense.

Yeah, I don't know why he woudn'tve just waited to announce until he was ACTUALLY ready to fight. I wonder what it was about the timing that made him announce early?

He saw an opening at MW. A Bisping, if you will...

deezlemike - 
Mshi - I just want GSP to fuck off at this point
This he's the most boring champ in MMA history

Yep

Mshi - I just want GSP to fuck off at this point

kinda.

yep fuck him
Give Maia his shot already, GSP gets the winner

Here's a preview of Woodley vs GSP