GSP v. Andy : Am I the only one hating this fight?

I don't see the point.  How long will we really have to wait for it anyway?  And even if Anderson manages to get to that weight, GSP will be so much smaller.

There's contenders at 185.  Forget the politics.  He hasn't cleaned out the division, IMHO.

Thoughts...

I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

card5 - 

I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

I would MUCH rather see that...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hope that spells it out for you ;) Phone Post

I hate it . Diaz now has to wait at least another year till he gets one of those guys in the cage.

No.

mmavixen -
card5 -  I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

^ Just hoping Silva leaves 185 so Fael has a shot. :-p Phone Post

but if we're doing superfights this ones been in the making for 4 years, Bones can wait his turn imo.

There's actually a few fights I would rather see over gsp vs silva

Brock vs fedor
Jds vs overeem
Bones vs silva
Bones vs jds Phone Post

I've wanted to see Silva v GSP for years. It was the Manny Floyd fight of the UFC before anyone had heard of Bones Jones. Phone Post

Love this fight at 178 or something. Biggest fight in history of UFC

card5 - 

Of course! We can call the event "Two for one" ;) right?

and fuck the "Catchweight" Gsp only offer a catchweight fight to protect his belt. do it for the strap (either one).

nightkap - 
mmavixen -
card5 -  I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

^ Just hoping Silva leaves 185 so Fael has a shot. :-p Phone Post

Well, I am okay with JBJ coming to 185 but that's not possible.

UGCTT_Rychek - 

It takes a longggg time to truely clean out a division. Theres always people climbing up ranks and improving or dropping down or going up etc. I always hated when Dana would say "Well, after this fight he'll have cleaned out the division and we'll try making the GSP v Anderson match" He was saying this yeaaarrrs ago. Back then I really wanted to see it, but right now not as much interest in it. If it did actually happen though, hell yes i would be watching and would be very pumped in the weeks leading up to it. Those kind of matchups don't happen much anymore.

Well if people with 9 fights are immediately granted title shots instead of having to go through a #1 contender match then i have to say it's impossible to clean house.

card5 - 

Bones could never go down a weightclass to face Anderson. Or even make a catchweight for that matter. Bones is naturally a couple of weightclasses bigger...

32Hunter -  and fuck the "Catchweight" Gsp only offer a catchweight fight to protect his belt. do it for the strap (either one).

GSP has to worry about Hendricks, Condit and Hellenburger and his knee before thinking about a catchweight. Test that knee out, clean house and the same for Anderson, he needs to worry about his own division and retirement perhaps. Near 40, the GOAT... That has to cross his mind. GSP for as good he is comes across as someone waiting for Anderson to be ready for the picking. But they all do. Old lions must give ways to the new ones but that applies to everyone, GSP himself included.

GSP vs Silva is a mismatch at any weight, UFC merchandising to sell the two biggest names in one fight. Silva destroys GSP, period. If Silva wants MMA immortal glory he needs to get the belt at LHW, anything else is B.S. Phone Post

KnowKontrol - How is JBJ vs Silva OK. But Silva vs GSP? Is it you don't want GSP to loose but are willing to see Silva get beat? I'm confused. Both fights would be great. Phone Post

This. Both would be great fights but people have been clamoring for the gsp fight before jones even fought in the UFC.

If gsp wants to be known as the goat he needs to beat as. Anderson doesn't need to beat gsp of bones to be goat.

As far as there being plenty of challengers at 185 I disagree. There is weidman and that's it and he hasn't even beat a top 5 fighter yet. Weidman isn't proven yet. He needs at least one more big win to be called a contender.

The only fights that make sense for the spider are gsp and jones and only one of those guys wants to fight Anderson (and of course Anderson only wants one of them).

Bottom line.....Anderson silva vs GSP would be the biggest fight of all time. Phone Post

s98ronin -

Bones could never go down a weightclass to face Anderson. Or even make a catchweight for that matter. Bones is naturally a couple of weightclasses bigger...

A couple??? Phone Post