GSP v. Andy : Am I the only one hating this fight?

Andy x Bones I agree

card5 - 

I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

Jones vs Silva sounds better. I have a feeling GSP vs Andy will be a dance-a-thon. GSP will be afraid to engage and Andy will wait for it for five rounds. Andy tends to fighter better pissed off and GSP doesn't strike me as a trash talker. Just doesn't strike me as a fun fight.

In reality this fight doesn't make sense for Silva...

He beats GSP and it doesn't prove much just that he can beat the best guy in a division lighter than his, he loses then everyone will just say MW weak

GSP wins then what's next for him... JBJ?

This is the machine that Zuffa created... Fans are no longer happy with seeing a fighter be dominate in his division that they have to move up a weight class...

I think it'll be to much to soon... And will eventually be the down fall of the UFC, they wont be able to make cards that will live up to the hype GSP/Silva will get and lose a lot of interest Phone Post

mmavixen -
nightkap - 
mmavixen -
card5 -  I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

I would MUCH rather see that...

^ Just hoping Silva leaves 185 so Fael has a shot. :-p Phone Post

Well, I am okay with JBJ coming to 185 but that's not possible.

Youre right, I cant believe JBJ is still able to make lhw. But I wanna watch Silva vs. GSP. This is a fight ive been thinkin about for years! And, as one of the biggest Silva fans on here, Ill actually say I think GSP has a better shot than people are giving him credit for. I think this fight would be epic....LETS DO IT!!! Phone Post

nightkap - 
mmavixen -
nightkap - 
mmavixen -
card5 -  I'm on the fence with this fight... Andy vs bones would be way more exciting IMO Phone Post

Youre right, I cant believe JBJ is still able to make lhw. But I wanna watch Silva vs. GSP. This is a fight ive been thinkin about for years! And, as one of the biggest Silva fans on here, Ill actually say I think GSP has a better shot than people are giving him credit for. I think this fight would be epic....LETS DO IT!!! Phone Post

I like Silva and GSP, but I don't see GSP having a chance.  I say that with the utmost respect because I think GSP is one of the true gentlemen of this sport, but I just don't see it, IMHO.

mmavixen -
nightkap - 
mmavixen -
nightkap - 
mmavixen -

I like Silva and GSP, but I don't see GSP having a chance.  I say that with the utmost respect because I think GSP is one of the true gentlemen of this sport, but I just don't see it, IMHO.

Hey...I just said he has a shot...as small as it is! Only shot he'd have would be to take Silva down and LnP him the whole time, and hope to score some good punches/elbows. If he trys to stand like he did with Josh....hes screwed. Phone Post

Let's get it on.

GSP is ready to fight Anderson.

Sure, GSP could have taken a few token lower tiered MW's, but has decided to truly test himself and will fight the fight #1MW ever and the current GOAT.

Im sure there are other "fans" who would hate to see the biggest UFC fight of all time...

I love this fight! As age goes on you tend to drop muscle weight... Phone Post

fuck it, I'm cheering for Conduit now.

It would have been more interesting a few years ago. Now GSP has been out of the cage for over the year, and has had a potentially career ending knee injury. I don't think he'll even beat Condit, making the GSP-Anderson fight pointless. Maybe the superfight will be Condit-Anderson.

card5 - There's actually a few fights I would rather see over gsp vs silva

Brock vs fedor
Jds vs overeem
Bones vs silva
Bones vs jds Phone Post

Bones vs Reem
Bones vs Banett Phone Post

UGCTT_Gaspare - 
card5 - There's actually a few fights I would rather see over gsp vs silva

Brock vs fedor
Jds vs overeem
Bones vs silva
Bones vs jds Phone Post

Bones vs Reem
Bones vs Banett Phone Post

Bones vs Reem (now that's a fight I'd be excited about).  Bones vs JDS as well!

32Hunter -  and fuck the "Catchweight" Gsp only offer a catchweight fight to protect his belt. do it for the strap (either one).

I have a feeling if machida loses to Henderson/Bones winner Anderson will drop to 70 so Machida can beat up Chael for the 85 title Phone Post

I like it, its a fight fans have dreamed of for years, its a huge money maker and would be absolutely huge for the UFC and the sport.

Sure Silva/Jones is better but I'm sorry GSP/SIlva > SIlva/Weidman, probably about 1 million buys greater. It would be huge for the sport.

I dont know about SIlva moving to WW but GSP at MW or if they meet at 178 in a 5 round super fight so both guys keep their titles and go back to each div after I think make sense.

People often forget Anderson's age. Not that it's impacted his performances up to this point, but he's no spring chicken...

This fight made a ton of sense back in 2009-2010. GSP, having vanquished Penn (a guy then seen as 3rd p4p despite) would challenge Silva to decisively establish who the # 1 guy was, p4p.

The landscape has changed as TON. Since then. Jon Jones wasn't in the discussion back then and now he IS the discussion. Anderson/GSP, while still an all-time fight, has lust a little luster over the years... Phone Post

Plus if they fought at 178 and GSP lost it wouldnt really hurt his stock since everyone would know he fought a much bigger guy, he would still be WW champ and people would actually give him credit for taking the fight vs such a bigger guy.

If you hate this fight you hate MMA.

Anderson and GSP are both the top dogs in MMA right now and have been for the last what....8 years? They are separated by 1 weight class but who cares? Anderson has fought guys roughly GSPs size and has lost. Size means so little against Anderson anyway since he's a striker.

Anderson vs. Jones is another superfight yes, but Jones, as great as he has been doesn't have legendary status yet like GSP does. With GSP and Anderson, you have 2 legends who are in their prime who can meet at a catch weight. You'd be fucking retarded to not want this fight.

This will most likely be the last time in MMA history that two of the clear GOATS in this sport are both active and both so damn close in weight that they could actually fight in a FAIR catchweigh super fight. How could you NOT be excited to see this happen?

mmavixen - 
nightkap - 
mmavixen -

well, if it's not possible, then wouldn't that mean that jbj is, in fact, too big for Anderson?