GSP vs. Askren

It’s a bad fight for GSP so it won’t happen.

HoldMeCloser -

i dont think he can do any different than koscheck or hendricks could to GSP, and both of those guys have better stand up than he does.

but he still deserves to be in ufc. i'd like to see askren vs hendricks  right now...

Only difference is Askrens 10x the talent wrestling wise then kos and hendricks. I seriously doubt that blast double works against Ben.

Book Askren vs GSP next summer for the inagural 165/175 lb title (whichever one Woodley doesn’t go to), it’s the biggest fight they could put GSP in now other than McGregor and kicks the new divisions off with a bang. I have no interest in watching Woodley fight ever again, don’t really care about GSP vs any 185rs (plus we all know he’s never fighting there again), and all of his history is at WW anyway. GSP vs Askren for a belt does over 1 million buys easy, whether the eggman admits it or not.

SinCityHustler - Here's Askren vs Herbert @ Agon (the bout I mentioned above post world silver medal). I have the subscription to Flo Wrestling so I see everything, so I'm not sure if this is free or behind the pay wall. Hoping it's accessible to those who do not have a subscription.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5246736-jake-herbert-vs-ben-askren

Askren’s ownage of Herbert is one of the more impressive things I’ve seen in my time.

Second probably to Dake’s record over Taylor.

Talk of GSP getting better and resuming fighting is coming from his camp. No mention of Askren but one usual suspect was named.

SinCityHustler - Here's Askren vs Herbert @ Agon (the bout I mentioned above post world silver medal). I have the subscription to Flo Wrestling so I see everything, so I'm not sure if this is free or behind the pay wall. Hoping it's accessible to those who do not have a subscription.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5246736-jake-herbert-vs-ben-askren

That take down with 15 seconds left.  Wow.  Wiggum, sin city, I grew up wrestling Henson and both Purlers.  Askren is the best scrambler I have ever seen and I don’t think it’s close.  

The only way GSP wins is staying as far away as he can, jabbing like he does and going from there.

Glad to see this thread getting some life.

Just give up man the UFC does not want him, GSP pretends Askren does not exist and this game is rapidly becoming about money over sport.

We tried. It aint gonna happen.

Askren doesnt have to be in the UFC for us to see a good challenger... he still has Rory Mac and Jake Shields he can fight. And those 2 guys would be in the top 10 in the UFC WW division.

Jclover123 - 

Askren doesnt have to be in the UFC for us to see a good challenger... he still has Rory Mac and Jake Shields he can fight. And those 2 guys would be in the top 10 in the UFC WW division.

We want to see the Rory fight, but from Askren’s perspective that fight doesn’t make the most sense. He’s already the best Bellator Champ of all time so going and beating up a guy that lost to Stephen Thompson and Robbie Lawler in back to back fights isn’t going to prove he’s the best, nor shut up the naysayers.

GOAT St. Pierre -
Jclover123 - 

We want to see the Rory fight, but from Askren’s perspective that fight doesn’t make the most sense. He’s already the best Bellator Champ of all time so going and beating up a guy that lost to Stephen Thompson and Robbie Lawler in back to back fights isn’t going to prove he’s the best, nor shut up the naysayers.

That argument would have made sense if Robbie Lawler wasnt the UFC champ and if Wonderboy wasnt considered the #1 contender, and still is, for the WW division. So those losses look good on Rory’s behalf.

Also, he has avoided Detective Shields.. it would be a grappling fight since both are equal at standup.

Jclover123 - 
GOAT St. Pierre -
Jclover123 - 

That argument would have made sense if Robbie Lawler wasnt the UFC champ and if Wonderboy wasnt considered the #1 contender, and still is, for the WW division. So those losses look good on Rory’s behalf.

Also, he has avoided Detective Shields.. it would be a grappling fight since both are equal at standup.

You want Shields vs. Askren? Maybe Palhares? A spot on the upcoming undefeated TUF?