GSP vs. Hendricks official for Nov. 17th in Vegas

8 months since the last fight for both guys...

snobordr - 
I LOVE GSP - get the champs to fight more than once a year and maybe casuals will care about mma again.

11/17/12 - Condit

3/16/13 - Diaz

11/17/13 - Hendricks

3 fights within a one year time span.  Would like to see one more, but that's not terrible.

That's a bad way to look at it because, whether intentional or not, you're ignoring the time before or after those fights (which must be considered) and selectively twisting the data to make it look like a higher frequency than it really is.

A better way to look at it is to go by year or midway points between the fights.

The way it's going to end up looking is more like:
2013 - 2 fights (including the Hendricks fight)
2012 - 1 fight
2011 - 1 fight
2010 - 2 fights
2009 - 2 fights
2008 - 2 fights
2007 - 3 fights
2006 - 2 fights
2005 - 4 fights
2004 - 3 fights
2003 - 2 fights
2002 - 3 fights

And since the Hendricks fight isn't until mid-November we can be pretty sure GSP likely wont fight until at least April of 2014 so hey may only fight once, or at most twice, in that year. It's a low frequency even discounting the injury layoff.

flipmode - five months away... plenty of time for an injury :)

That would suck. Hopefully they both stay healthy. Tired of all the injuries disrupting big fights.

I wonder if he gets past Hendricks, if GSP will make this his last fight at Welter, as Firas had said in that interview earlier this year about GSP's plans to finish out his career.

At first I was thinking "would be great to have Maia (if he gets past Koscheck) vs winner of MacDonald/Ellenberger winner as the comain for #1 contender", but who knows, that could turn out to be the fight for the vacant WW title.

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 

Why november? Sept is good Phone Post

GSP did say he wanted some time off... and Canadian summers are short, so maybe Nov. works better for him.

My wife's birthday again. She was looking for something to do in Vegas for her birthday, as we are scheduled to be there that weekend for a wedding. ... hmmmmm Phone Post