GSP vs JAKE SHIELDS IN TORONTO

q107 {local radio station} just quoted dana white as saying this is the main event

RIP SHIELDS

Kimbos Bread - RIP SHIELDS

I can see Shields catching GSP in a choke off a takedown, but most likely he'll be ko'd standing.

frontrowbrian -  GSP is a God in Canada but it needs Lesnar if they want to sell out the dome

Thay have already said they have no intention of configuring it for more than 40,000.

They will sell that all day in Toronto with GSP as the headline although I do expect a very big co main regardless.

smiter - 
frontrowbrian -  GSP is a God in Canada but it needs Lesnar if they want to sell out the dome

Thay have already said they have no intention of configuring it for more than 40,000.

They will sell that all day in Toronto with GSP as the headline although I do expect a very big co main regardless.

They'll probably do something similar to 126 by having 3 big fights. I imagine something like this.

GSP/Shields
Aldo/Grispi
Mir/JDS

How am I 10ing? Shields is known for having a great guillotine but weak stand up and average wrestling, thus the choke is his only shot.

Kimbos Bread - RIP SHIELDS

No they dont. They would sell out just by having a canadian in every fight!

I agree with RML. No reason to take Shields down and GSP should IMO be able to KO him standing.

Honestly thouhgh I was hoping to watch someone other than GSP in the ME.

If they did:

GSP/Shields

Aldo/Grispi

Mir/JDS

I would be happy but nothing less than that!

Excellent. Hope they add Bocek v Sotiropoulos as well.

they also mentioned JDS, but i didn't hear the whole thing with him only that he may be on the card

Lesnar? LMAO.

GSP by himself would sell out the entire dome easy.

I could see them doing something like Sonnen vs. Belcher  and  Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Swick in T.O. as well.

Wand seems to think he's fighting Leben on the card.

Bocek, Stout, Hominick and J-Mac are all shoe-ins as well.

They are going to stack the card to shit; I was just hoping Cain JDS would be on it too. But it's an easy sell out. Toronto is crazy about MMA.

dannyglover - They are going to stack the card to shit; I was just hoping Cain JDS would be on it too. But it's an easy sell out. Toronto is crazy about MMA.

I would love Sonnen-Belcher. That's a good fight.

Jake Shields has THE BEST MMA wrestling out there right now. Lolz at whoever said it was 'average'. Even GSP is on record saying this is the fight he has wanted for 2 years because Jake will be his biggest challenge. Phone Post

Shields will move to 185 after he loses.

I like the fact that Shields is going to get demoralized and destroyed on Canadian soil in front of 70,000+ screaming GSP fans!. A fitting end to that hype train imo, and I get to watch it live. Oh yes. :)

I love knowing something most people will disagree with, Jake Shield will fight his fight not the one that GSP wants. Just because GSP likes it on the fee, does not mean Jake will sit there and get hit like an inflatable Fred Flinstone Doll. Plus GSP has not been finishing anyone by KO. Jake has entered the cage with those who hold serious KO power, like Daley,Henderson, Lawler... Suddenly GSP is a KO artist, ummm I think Not. I am not discrediting his reign as champ or putting down any aspect of GSP. Except that things will not go as you think they will ;) It will be one of those AHA moments for most UFC Fans. I hung out with Jake last week, He already knows he is going to win. When he is like this, I believe him 100%. It is the champion mindset, and it is in full gear. I will not argue that his last showing was poor in comparison to his true ability. This time he is coming in READY FOR WAR.

GSP is going to force Jake to do whatever the hell he wants to.

This is the biggest mismatch of the year.