GSP vs Koscheck 2

Fahqhard - 

GSP should have finished him he was half blind most the fight, that being said this is primse kos. I forgot how althetic GSP was. I would say other then experience this is near prime GSP. GSP got little bit bigger and slower in fights like Hendrix..I'm excited to see him wrestle fuck and then tko kubeeb.. hope GSP can make 155 he has never done it before 

I wonder if it is because he had a devastating knee injury…

Non N00B - 
EKPOGI -
wiggum - A brutal, brutal career ending beatdown.

His career didn't end after this fight.

No, but he went from being 1. to going 2-6 and getting ko'd or submitted in 5 of those, and one of the people who beat him, Ellenberger was on a 3 fight losing streak (and would go on to go 1-6 after beating Koscheck) when he won, which is even worse. 

You usually only get one big run up to a title shot, he got two, got wrecked again and was never the same. 

Yup.

wiggum -
Fahqhard - 

GSP should have finished him he was half blind most the fight, that being said this is primse kos. I forgot how althetic GSP was. I would say other then experience this is near prime GSP. GSP got little bit bigger and slower in fights like Hendrix..I'm excited to see him wrestle fuck and then tko kubeeb.. hope GSP can make 155 he has never done it before 

yeah, I thought he looked noticably less dynamic athletically as far back as the Condit fight, which might have been his first back after the knee injury

I thought Kos didn't look bad vs Hendricks.been awhile but I thought the fight was close.

Boom Boom Mancino - 
wiggum -
Fahqhard - 

yeah, I thought he looked noticably less dynamic athletically as far back as the Condit fight, which might have been his first back after the knee injury

100%.

His worst fights (minus the Serra loss) from the time he hit his prime were Diaz, Condit, and Hendricks. His skill level, IQ, and will allowed him to get through them. But he was way less athletic after the surgery.

EKPOGI - 

I thought Kos didn't look bad vs Hendricks.been awhile but I thought the fight was close.

Good point! Ricardo Almeida scored that fight for him.

I was also at that fight. The crowd 100% didn't WANT a finish. When they showed Kos between rounds 1-2 I think everyone in the building knew his orbital was fractured and that he was going to get punished the rest of the night. And he did - he got beaten up in the worst sense of the term. 

I was also at Brock / Couture and the crowd in Montreal that night was as loud as I've ever heard a crowd, they were cheering that beating in a way that looking back is almost disturbing. They would have been disappointed if Kos had been knocked out, saving him from the 25 minutes of being punched in the face.

Tough dude because I think after round 1 he knew, that he had nothing for GSP that day and was in for a night of hurt. 

GSP's knee didn't seem like an issue against Bisping. I hope it won't be a factor against Khabib 

Awarnica - 

I was also at that fight. The crowd 100% didn't WANT a finish. When they showed Kos between rounds 1-2 I think everyone in the building knew his orbital was fractured and that he was going to get punished the rest of the night. And he did - he got beaten up in the worst sense of the term. 

I was also at Brock / Couture and the crowd in Montreal that night was as loud as I've ever heard a crowd, they were cheering that beating in a way that looking back is almost disturbing. They would have been disappointed if Kos had been knocked out, saving him from the 25 minutes of being punched in the face.

Tough dude because I think after round 1 he knew, that he had nothing for GSP that day and was in for a night of hurt. 

Brutal

taintpuncher - 

GSP's knee didn't seem like an issue against Bisping. I hope it won't be a factor against Khabib 

I think the time off helped him tremendously.

GSP vs Jake Shields was a good one to post, but couldn't find it 

Zero head movement from Koshcheck.  Tough as nails though!  What a one-sided beating that was.  

Kabib & Conner would destroy that GSP.  He better come back better than he was for Bisbing.

GSP made Koschecks eye look like a baboons ass hole 

1 Like

GSP ruined careers. Look at the stats of the majority of his opponents careers before and after they fought George. The majority weren't right after that.

Letibleu -

GSP ruined careers. Look at the stats of the majority of his opponents careers before and after they fought George. The majority weren't right after that.

Very accurate. I think guys fought him thinking they would beat him and be the champ. 

After the fight they all thought:

-I can't submit him

-I can't out wrestle him

-I can't out-strike him

Conclusion - he's so far ahead of me, I'll never come close to beating him. I know I'm never going to be the best. 

And you are right, I think it screws with a fighters head knowing he can't be #1.

1 Like

GSP's jab is very underrated. I feel like he'd jab Khabib into a victory. But it'd be so interesting how their grappling would go.

In that era, this was a huge challenge for GSP.

He's the greatest of all time, and before taking the MW strap home. 

ProteinOverdrive -

GSP's jab is very underrated. I feel like he'd jab Khabib into a victory. But it'd be so interesting how their grappling would go.

It would look worse for Khabib than it did for Koscheck.

Khabib's style of grappling is FAR less explosive than Koscheck's back then, and far less technical. From top position there might not be anyone more impressive and dominant than Khabib, but I wouldn't see any danger of it going there.

Khabib is tough, so I foresee more than the one orbital needing work after. The betting lines probably wouldn't reflect my opinion, so I'd probably consider putting a fair amount on this fight. 

Yeah the jab is the equalizer if GSP fought Khabib. I don't see how he can close the distance and get the takedown if GSP keeps stabbing him in the face with them. Could be a one sided beat down in favor of Georges