GSP vs. Lawler

Robby is looking amazing lately after his Phoenix-like rise from the ashes. Do you think there is any possible way this fight could happen? Would it be the biggest fight in welterweight history and what do you think would happen in the fight?

I believe Robby would win. He has shown a wicked take down defense and evolution in his defensive stand up. GSP could land some shots and take Robby down but he would eventually get caught by Robby in the later rounds.

Robby is my favorite current fighter now in the ufc. He is just a beast. You can look back to his strike force fight at middle weight with Jacare. He had him seeing tweety birds before getting submitted by the top ufc middleweight contender and much bigger man.

Robbie would not be able to stop GSP-level takedown. It will be a lot like GSP-Alves.

That said, I'd kill a lot of innocent humans to watch that fight.

GarlicSauce - Robbie would not be able to stop GSP-level takedown. It will be a lot like GSP-Alves.

Do you think GSP would still be in his prime though if he came back? There would obviously be some rust after being out for so long.

GarlicSauce - Robbie would not be able to stop GSP-level takedown. It will be a lot like GSP-Alves.

Alves? Seriously? Alves at that point in time had zero wrestling. You are delusional comparing Lawler's wrestling to UFC 100 Alves. Phone Post 3.0

Georges saw that fight Saturday, win or lose he wants no part of getting hit with 50 significant strikes from Lawler. And he would get hit. Look at his last 3 fights. Phone Post 3.0

GSP could get it done... especially if he threw more kicks like in the old days and didn't try to box too much... work in some takedowns but don't lay n pray... if knees to the head on the ground were legal during his reign... bet he would have finished a lot more dudes from side control and knees to the head

that being said... im so happy robbie finally got that title... huge fan of both... would be hard for me to pick a winner. Phone Post 3.0

Idk, the thought of fighting robbie lawler makes it hard to be objective. Hes terrifying. I would hate that guy to be my first fught back. Phone Post 3.0

GSP would beat him with ease IMO. He wouldn't be able to stop the takedown and would get Gnp or submitted.

Not saying Robbie wins but I'm not so sure about all this confidence gsp takes him down with ease, Robbie's sprawls were exceptional Phone Post 3.0

How did GSP do with Tiki? Phone Post 3.0

Questions would be ring rust, how has his knee injuries effected him, and how Lawler's patient then aggresive style goes against those two things

GSP would be prepared if he came back, so I think ring rust would not hurt him that much, however his style might be tweeked with the tweeked knees. He would be using kicks, trying to stay away from Lawler's knees/boxing. Maybe pepper in a superman punch/leg kick combo, but would think Lawler could use that as an opening

Lawler has shown patience in his last couple fights, turning it up as the fight goes on. GSP's ground game is much more active than Hendricks', but it is a good showing Lawler will not tire out if Pierre is able to get it there and keep him there for a round.

Robbie is able to stuff Rory level takedowns even while wobbly, so thatd be an interesting thing to see played out vs GSP, who wasnt so explosive in his last 2 fights. Thinking Lawler would definitely hurt Georges on the feet, and while he is hurt, be able to stay there.

Its really an interesting fight at this point, would love to see it. Think Lawler would take it at this stage Phone Post 3.0

Robbie's tdd looked amazing when Rory shot. I don't think GSP would be able to take him down at this point. Phone Post 3.0

Prime GSP was an athletic freak. No doubt he would get a decisive victory.

I doubt current GSP beats Lawler. He clearly lost a step when he fought Hendricks, plus he's suffered a torn ACL since and has been sitting for close to 2 years.

GSP should just enjoy retirement. His legacy speaks for itself. Prime GSP was an all time p4p great. I hate to say it, but current GSP wouldn't reign much longer Phone Post 3.0

Mexican Janitor - Prime GSP was an athletic freak. No doubt he would get a decisive victory.

I doubt current GSP beats Lawler. He clearly lost a step when he fought Hendricks, plus he's suffered a torn ACL since and has been sitting for close to 2 years.

GSP should just enjoy retirement. His legacy speaks for itself. Prime GSP was an all time p4p great. I hate to say it, but current GSP wouldn't reign much longer Phone Post 3.0
could be right...

but i hope GSP feels differently and decides to come back nonetheless

i don't think GSP has shown his full potential yet (after both knee surguries)... and could possibly surprise some people...

sometimes you just need a break... he's still young... and probably feeling much better after some rest Phone Post 3.0

Clive pwnens - Robby is looking amazing lately after his Phoenix-like rise from the ashes. Do you think there is any possible way this fight could happen? Would it be the biggest fight in welterweight history and what do you think would happen in the fight?

I believe Robby would win. He has shown a wicked take down defense and evolution in his defensive stand up. GSP could land some shots and take Robby down but he would eventually get caught by Robby in the later rounds.

Robby is my favorite current fighter now in the ufc. He is just a beast. You can look back to his strike force fight at middle weight with Jacare. He had him seeing tweety birds before getting submitted by the top ufc middleweight contender and much bigger man.
Let's be honest . GSP isn't facing
The same comp.

When he did , he pracitcally Los Phone Post 3.0

Lost Phone Post 3.0