GSP vs Sakuraba

Agreed he would always look great and than someone would turn it up and he seemed to fold . Very technical for the time and definitely had some fun fights

1 Like

GSP was actually thinking of making the cut to 155 lbs to challenge Khabib for the LW title, I forget if he said he actually had completed a successful test cut or not but he was talking about it.

I still can’t believe people think prime GSP is the favorite vs prime Igor. Like now that there are super camps and calf kicks that all of a sudden through “MMA evolution” that Mighty Mouse is gonna smoke Mark Coleman or something.

GSP might be the best P4P fighter MMA has ever seen but prime Igor still turns his lights out.

1 Like

lol @ GSP vs Igor

Are you people retarded…?

2 Likes

So far i think it’s just a person.
Lol

This is a good point.

People still have 2 arms and 2 legs.

A good example of MMA evolution is Hughes/Gracie.

GSP/Igor would be the opposite example.

I hate that fight as an example of anything.

Royce was waay past his prime, he just wasnt there that night anyone could tell just watching walk and stand in the cage, he didnt have his GI, 1st time back in UFC after so long with thier rules. He axctually cut 5 lbs to make the weight limit.

And lastly, he knew he could do better ans BEGGED Dana MANY times for the rematch. He was all over social meida around UFC 134 wanting the rematch in UFC’s return to Brazil.

It was a just a bad Night for Royce IMHO!

The Royce from 6 yrs Earlier who Fought Saku for an hour and a haf either beats Hughes or it goes the distance. IMO

3 Likes

Fair points.
Not gonna argue it because I wasn’t happy about that fight on multiple levels.

Instead, I’ll counter with a good memory of Royce without the gi.
I loved what Royce did vs Yoshida!
Took off the gi just before the fight to avoid the judo holds.
Technically a draw – but Yoshida ended up in the hospital – and judges would have given it royce.

1 Like

I can’t see Royce ever beating Hughes. That looked like a sacrifice from the beginning.

1 Like

Royce looks like he may have had a little steak & chicken before this fight :wink:

2 Likes

Thats why you have to look at the Royce From the Saku fight. He was game as fuck. fighting hard off the bottom and just wasnt gonna quit, until 1.5 hours later at least.

1 Like

Royce from UFC 1 would beat Matt Hughes into a living death

Oh. I see what you’re doing now.

He technically beat Tito but it was because he got saved from getting his head knees to Bolivia from the ref.

Guy was a good fighter but wouldn’t beat half the fighters GSP did in his prime, I think he struggles to beat a few actually.

Guy would have quite the size advantage…

Yeah he was a decent size 205er .

I think Pride Guy was quite a bit better than UFC Guy.

It would look like when Hulk picked up Loki and smashed the ground with him like a ragdoll…

1 Like

I wasn’t into mma enough to be paying attention when Sak was becoming a legend, so forgive my genuinely noobish question.

How does Sak actually beat GSP? KO, sub or decision? Are any of those feasible feats for a prime Sak fighting a Prime GSP?

He could definitely catch GSP in a scramble. I think that’s the one area he’s the clear favourite. Kimura, armbar kimura to armbar

3 Likes

Double wrist lock

1 Like