GSP's Streak of 30 consecutive rounds won is over

I agree it wasn't the most exciting fight, but it was crazy seeing GSP look human and beatable. Round 4 was really close, but I thought Shields won that round and I think he definitely won round 5. Two of the judges also scored it 48-47.

LOL @ anyone scoring any of those rounds for Shields.

that could not have been more clearly a 50-45 for gsp. the streak stands.

Now that the big event is over get us a real champion; feed him to Diaz.

Jons Forsberg - 
ix3623 - 
SteelyRes211 - LOL @ anyone scoring any of those rounds for Shields.

yeah my buddy and I looked at each other like "are you fucking kidding me? Somebody scored not 1, but TWO of those rounds for Shields?" I sure as hell didn't see a round that Shields was even close to winning. There was the one punch that Shields landed that cut Georges, and they showed that over and over. Besides that one, he didn't land anything the whole fight. I'd be curious to see punchstat numbers, I bet those were pretty lopsided in every round.

shields won the fifth and possibly the fourth? the latter is an opinion, to not score the 5th for jake is just fanboy blindism disease. once again just mo

I thought rounds four and five were really close. If George landed more strikes it was miniscule. On the other hand Shields was the aggressor (octagon control) and GSP was backing up. GSP even went for a takedown in the closing seconds because he must've been worried about losing the round.

So Shields gets knocked on his ass and still wins the 4th round?

Truth be told I was pulling for Shields, but realistically he didn't win a single round. More judging incompetence.

JFA1 - So Shields gets knocked on his ass and still wins the 4th round?

you got me there.

IMO shields won the fifth and that's it Phone Post

I don't get how Shields won a single round... MAYBE the fifth, but that too nothing really happened in that round. If anything I'd have given it a draw, but I thought GSP won that one too. I had it 5 straight rounds for GSP without a doubt.

I also think Jake won the 5th

LOL@ people claiming judges' opinions for the streak, then getting their panties in a wad when the judges reward the guy trying to win!

GSP was on his bicycle most of the fight. Aggression obviously counts for a lot more nowadays...

eljamaiquino - LOL@ people claiming judges' opinions for the streak, then getting their panties in a wad when the judges reward the guy trying to win!

GSP was on his bicycle most of the fight. Aggression obviously counts for a lot more nowadays...
How sad is it that he was on his bicycle most of the night against JAKE SHIELDS?  Seriously...

GSP won every rd....half of them with one eye...perhaps the momentum of the fight changed a b
it in the latter rds but 50-45 hands down.......48-47 is an abomination

jqake won the fif.

What are those judges smoking? Boring fight, yes. GSP winning all five, yes. 48-47???? NO.

10-10 rds I can understand but no, Shields didn't deserve any 10-9's

I thought the judging was going well until someone (crosby I think) pulled a 50-43 for Aldo out of his ass