GSP's Streak of 30 consecutive rounds won is over

I dont think we are all talking about the same fight. Phone Post

daba - I agree it wasn't the most exciting fight, but it was crazy seeing GSP look human and beatable. Round 4 was really close, but I thought Shields won that round and I think he definitely won round 5. Two of the judges also scored it 48-47.

not really,as long as itleast 1 judge gives him all rounds then the streak is still in tact,he had 1 judge give him a 50-45 decision

Anyone who gives round 5 to greasy p is purely nut hugging. That is all. Phone Post

Wovito -  More total damage done by Shields.

Jakes ribs disagree

meh.  GSP is the greatest wrestler in MMA.  

Fighter?  Not really.

lionsoul - meh.  GSP is the greatest wrestler in MMA.  

Fighter?  Not really.

meh. Anderson is the greatest striker in mma.

Fighter? Not Really

How does the scoring look on a 48-47?

48-47 Shields? 50-43 Aldo? This judging problem needs sorting before it costs us a champion. People's livelihoods get affected every time someone has a win stolen from them.

If Jake had done slightly more in round three he could've won by those judges' scorecards, so dumb?

Wow yeah, Jake Shields did look a lot better against GSP than I expected him to, but I still had it 50-45. GSP did fight very tentatively, I think he was genuinely worried and freaked out about his eye. Even if it didn't end up being the most thrilling fight, both guys showed a lot of heart. Jake was never out of the fight, physically or mentally, even though it became clear very early that he could not get a takedown. He fought outside of his comfort zone for the majority of the fight. Georges fought 3.5 rounds without being able to see out of an eye, which can cause a doctor stoppage. Despite that, he answered the bell for every round and did what he could. His depth perception had to be very weak with one eye, so it's not really shocking that he couldn't put much together in the later rounds.

Maximus77x - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ix3623 - 
SteelyRes211 - LOL @ anyone scoring any of those rounds for Shields.

the judging is the worst part about MMA

I was rooting for shields but no Way it was 48-47. This would mean it was a close fight but it clearly wasnt. And how the fuck aldo won the last round?? Phone Post

I thought the judging was going well until someone (crosby I think) pulled a 50-43 for Aldo out of his ass

That's not how Crosby scored it. They announced it wrong. He scored it 48-45 and he's the judge who scored GSP-Shields 50-45 also.

Maximus77x - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ix3623 - 

Ring Girl - 
I thought the judging was going well until someone (crosby I think) pulled a 50-43 for Aldo out of his ass

That's not how Crosby scored it. They announced it wrong. He scored it 48-45 and he's the judge who scored GSP-Shields 50-45 also.

Really? Man, I wanted to hate on him for the 50 - 43 for Aldo. Did the same judge who scored that for the Aldo fight also score 48-47 in the gsp fight?

Something really has to change.

Ring Girl - 

can anyone confirm this? If true, Zuffa should do a better job of putting out an official press statement. this is something that some of us feel is ruining the sport, why wouldnt they try and put some damage control on it?

Whether I agree or not doesn't matter honestly. At this point, due to those two judges, the ufc can NOT claim gsp hasn't lost a rd in three years or whatever it was. Period.

Wasa-B - 
Ring Girl - 

can anyone confirm this? If true, Zuffa should do a better job of putting out an official press statement. this is something that some of us feel is ruining the sport, why wouldnt they try and put some damage control on it?

Mike Chiapetta of MMAfighting.com posted about it. They have the official scores on their site and it's listed as 48-45. I'm sure it's posted elsewhere, as well.