GTA 6 not coming out till 2025 reportedly

I’m sick. GTA 5 came out on Xbox 360/PS3 so long ago. This better be the biggest, baddest and best game ever fucking created with how much time they’re taking on it

2 Likes

Crazy. Some of us who were young when the original game came out will be probably close to 60 by the time GTA 7 is released.

2 Likes

Bethesda has decided they won’t be topped like this and have delayed Elder Scrolls 6 until 2030.

4 Likes

It’s kinda crazy Vice City was released the year after GTA 3. The good old days.

4 Likes

And I’m STILL bitching about how badly they fucked that up by having a radio station in GTA 3 that consisted of the Scarface soundtrack when Vice City came out right after that and would have been fucking flawless if they had that station in that game. Fucking stupid fuckasses!!

7 Likes

They probably had it ready to release and then decided they need to go back and change all of the peoples races and genders in the damn thing

9 Likes

Oh man that would be fucking sweet. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to committing a wide range of hate crimes.

2 Likes

GTA 5 was released in 2013. It was re-released in 2014, released on PC in 2015, and is being re-released again this November.

GTA Online is a cash cow. There is no need for them to rush this when their 8 year old, last-last gen release is still making them millions of dollars.

3 Likes

My understanding of the rumor is that they’ve essentially just started preproduction, so 2025 makes at least some sense.

1 Like

I’m not surprised you’re anti work.

He may be but he is right. The reason Rockstar is in no rush is because GTA 5 has been and still is such a gigantic cash cow.

3 Likes

Rockstar 2001-2010:

GTA3
Vice City
San Andreas
GTA4 (plus DLC)
Liberty City Stories
Vice City Stories
Bully
Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption
Manhunt
Manhunt 2
The Warriors

Rockstar 2013 - today:

GTAV
Red Dead Redemption 2

The cost and development time for games has gotten out of control tbh.

7 Likes

Fucking microtransactions have ruined video games.

8 Likes

I’ve never played any GTA game. Or RDR

I have a ps5. Worth checking out at this point?

Absolutely, they are both stellar single player games. Multiplayer will depend on what you’re into, but they are both easily worth the price for the single player alone.

2 Likes

This 1000%!!!

Games like GTA are huge undertakings, probably more people hours and an feature film. They are still raking in a lot of money from GTA 5 so it’s smart for them to make sure the game is done right and is revolutionary rather than just a slight update. I’m sure the new platforms and features added to the delay as the libraries have changed and the capability of the graphics engine in both the new Xbox and PS are significantly improved.

2 Likes

They’re still making too much money on gta V. No need to rush out VI.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure they have an army of statisticians and number crunchers and so on who have calculated how much they make per year from V and the trajectory over time to where they know the exact right time to release VI so they have the smallest decrease in revenue stream possible. Obviously they don’t want to wait 10 years only to have V flame out in 1-2 years once people get tired of it, but at the same time look how bad Cyberpunk flopped and damaged the developer’s name and brand because it was rushed - if they can coast on V’s multiplayer for 4-5 years and then release a supremely polished VI, then that’s exactly what they will do, even if it’s ready in 3 years…

1 Like