Guard on Asphalt

"Nobody got hurt and he got to let of some steam. A slightly scratched back is nothing... " Becuase the bouncers decided not to beat his ass... wrekkler was on his way to getting owned...

"Leave it to BJJ hating trolls to turn a perfect example of how grappling allowed a smaller man to defend himself," For the record, I train BJJ and consider it to be the dominate art for a one on one situation... there is no question of this fact...

"HonkeyStyle, and a bunch of others are idiots IMHO. " Am I an idiot because I would not have "called out" a bouncer and his buddies? Am I an Idiot becuase I would rather walk away then risk my sisters safty? I am I an idiot becuase I would rather not go to the groud when facing three people?

It was the good will of the bouncer's and not wrekkler's Royce style guard work that saved his ass...

BTW, the BJJ that I know includes stricking and takedowns other then the guard flop... see Royce's Self Defense book or the numerous tape from the Gracie academy...

" Also, he would be in alot more trouble if he had decdied to bludgeon the guy, than using restraining techniques to defend himself. " Keep in mind he tried to choke him, attempted murder. And he also attempted to break his arm... I didn't know these were "restraining techniques."

"He didn't pull guard, he was forced to fight from it." Becuase of not utilizing strinking and clinch work...

"If you expect to walk away without any physical evidence of it, then you're delusional. " No one made this claim... however by not picking a fight in the first place no one would have been hurt or reported to the police...

HonkeyStyle is making great points.

YourFather need to take off his BJJ colored glasses and find out what the real world is like.  Take off the pajamas, fights don't start from the knees nuthugger.  At least his mindless post was shorter than usual.

Gary Hughes

"Anyway, another victory for BJJ. " = delusional

ttt

WRECKER: How far away were you from the main entrance? You may get off of this ticket if the Bouncer and his buddies were outside the scope of their employment when the fight occured. In most jurisdictions the bouncers authority extends just beyond the entrance of the club. Legally they are only allowed to remove patrons from the premises. However, some courts have allowed a small curtiledge from the entrance.

Most parking lots are considered Public domain and you would be justified in DEFENDING yourself in this instance. With the proper argument you may be able to claim that you were in fear of physical harm when the bouncers approched you in a threatening manor outside. Just because you ran your mouth, does not authorize them manhandling you.

If you have any questions ask away...

For the love of God, please, when you are trying to show others you have a brain, stop using this invented word "dominate" (adj) when the word you want is "dominant" or "dominating."

There is no such adjective as "dominate," in the English language, in the way some of you people repeatedly insist on trying to use it.

And spare us the "Oh, excuse me, I was not an English major."

If your point is, "I am illiterate and proud of it," OK, but let's just be honest about it.

(lol @ the numbskulls looking to their dictionaries, now, hoping I'm wrong, so that they can reply. LOLOL!)

"If your point is, "I am illiterate and proud of it," OK, but let's just be honest about it. "

The point of language, both written and verbal is to communicate ideas and thoughts. I did that, now go fuck off book worm!

Should have used Kenpo. Of course, Kenpo only works if all of the bouncers attack you. Kenpo is useless if the fight remains one on one.

RonkeyStyle2.jpg

LOL!

Double Dragon...Stop your obvious trolling!  Kenpo has worked for me many times and also for other people.  A good Kenpo man would be better prepared for this situation than a BJJ man. 

Gary Hughes  

I just reversed the usual statements about BJJ, SPK. No offense intended.

How does it look now?

"Should have used BJJ. Of course, BJJ only works if the fight remains one on one. BJJ is useless if the all of the bouncers attack you."

lol

AIRSPEED- I would not call it a victory either, I got some scratches he got a fat lip big deal. The guard just kept him from hitting me, and if the fight was not broken up I could of snapped a arm if I had too. I did not have too.

HONKEY STYLE-you are right I went to guard because I did not go hard offensive and throw hard knees and elbows. He was not swinging at me, I decided then to just go defensive not turn it into a mess. Also the bouncer did not have any good will, he could not do anything to me at all himself. I did not feel like I was in any danger UNLESS I did open up and then I knew the other guy would jump in.

KID JUSTICE- good points we were in a pay parking lot next door to the club, he did approach me fast when we did get into the parkinhg lot. He had at that time 1 guy behind him. I don't think anything will happen from what I have seen before and even from the police officer told me. But I have witnesses who saw that he was threatening while we were in line and that when we got into the p[arking lot he approached me while I just stood my ground.

Worst case scenario happened with the cops showing up.

But the fact is that I am not hurt and he was not either so the ticket I got most likely will end up as nothing. No charges probably not even a court date, because I did not wreck him.

Also let me say that I rather strike in the ring or street its just funner, and more decisive. Its not always the right thing to do. BJJ is not the same on the street but it is very effective, even the guard.

I just reacted to whats important to me, first not get hurt, second not get in trouble, third would be to whip his ass.

Not getting in trouble and maybe hurt, were mmore important that whippin his ass.

Priorities, I took some risks but not too many to threaten what was most important.

So you started a fight because someone "looked" at your sister mean and told her to get in line. In my town you would have gone to jail.

You fight bad service, and that is what this was, with your wallet. Do not go to places and spend money that employee a$$holes. Complain to management when you encounter it poor service.

If I owned the bar I would fire the bouncer for following you out there and fighting. That isn't his job and he left his post at the door.

No one really got hurt and you only got a ticket. I consider that pure luck. You could have been hurt, the bouncer could have been hurt, your sister could have been hurt, a bystander could have been hurt, and private property could have been damaged. Everything bad could have happened and changed your life forever, all because you think some minimum wage fata$$ was "powertrippin".

wrekker...hind sight always has 20/20 vision.  I'm glad you didn't get hurt!

Gary Hughes

Sam Pai Kenpo has groin chopped the correct...

HonkeyStyle has changed his mind... here is a great example of BJJ vs three attackers...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/mearoz/royce.jpg