Guesses on TUF coaches? Dana says Welterweights..

In this interview he says they are working on is 2 Welterweight coaches for TUF... 9:36 minute mark

https://youtu.be/9Z0gaDDnqww

The return of The Ultimate Fighter is scheduled to film this summer and air in September. 

Any guesses??  

I was thinking it might be Colby vs Masvidal (since they’ve been trying to make that fight). 

Then I thought possibly it could be Nate Diaz vs Masvidal for the BMF rematch? 

I think a Team Diaz vs anyone would be epic.  

My guess is Nigerian nightmare vs Street Jesus

Does anyone still watch this?

The till perry idea sounds good so you don’t tie up two of the biggest stars in the company for a year doing a show that no one watches.

3 Likes

ya i heard usman vs jorge. colby vs jorge would be better tv. they need to change the whole format though. like what they did with tuf live cruz vs faber. something different right. i just cant be assed to watch the same shit over and over. maybe an entire trans season idk lol. trans fighting trans is fine with me and joe rogan.

1 Like

So did they confirm Usman and Jorge?  Man I’m not pumped about that rematch, let alone a 6 month wait and TUF

They were working on Masvidal & Colby, but Masvidal turned it down saying he didn’t want to give Colby the platform…this was fairly widely reported last week. Who knows if Usman and Masvidal have been offered the spot…I’m guessing that’s what Usman is angling for, and if Masvidal was saying no to it, there’s no way the UFC does Colby and someone else.

Usman is the champ, and Masvidal is the most popular guy in the division from a PPV buys standpoint, so if they’re saying they want it, they’ll get it…especially with Usman’s potential long suspension for the broken foot.

1 Like
Rickmassmma - They were working on Masvidal & Colby, but Masvidal turned it down saying he didn't want to give Colby the platform...this was fairly widely reported last week. Who knows if Usman and Masvidal have been offered the spot...I'm guessing that's what Usman is angling for, and if Masvidal was saying no to it, there's no way the UFC does Colby and someone else.

Usman is the champ, and Masvidal is the most popular guy in the division from a PPV buys standpoint, so if they’re saying they want it, they’ll get it…especially with Usman’s potential long suspension for the broken foot.

I’m sure your right, but that will be super boring.  Their interaction at the super bowl thing was so cringe. 

Masvidal and Colby is the way.

Masvidal can keep pretending he is the shot caller but he’s got no clue. Matching him up with Usman again in any venue or format is pointless. There will be no heat generated, Masvidal will lose and all the momentum he had will be evaporated.

Masvidal and Colby on the other hand is reality TV match made in heaven. The down side is that in end Masvidal will lose the fight witk Colby after enduring endless humiliating smack talk and it will be crushing to his ego. He’ll still have some shine in the public eye but inside he will have died.

Essentially a no win situation for Mas. He’s like the Icarus of the current MW division. It is all just falling back to earth for him now. The only question is how fast and at what cost to his future career opportunites, ego and self worth.

Colby and Kamaru would be the most entertaining option. Or Izzy and Whittaker in the near future 

GSP vs Khabib 

McGregor vs Diaz 3

Poirier vs Chandler/Olivera 

PTSDNA - Masvidal and Colby is the way.

Masvidal can keep pretending he is the shot caller but he’s got no clue. Matching him up with Usman again in any venue or format is pointless. There will be no heat generated, Masvidal will lose and all the momentum he had will be evaporated.

Masvidal and Colby on the other hand is reality TV match made in heaven. The down side is that in end Masvidal will lose the fight witk Colby after enduring endless humiliating smack talk and it will be crushing to his ego. He’ll still have some shine in the public eye but inside he will have died.

Essentially a no win situation for Mas. He’s like the Icarus of the current MW division. It is all just falling back to earth for him now. The only question is how fast and at what cost to his future career opportunites, ego and self worth.

I agree, but it seems Masvidal does not want the Colby fight, I think he knows he will get rag dolled on the mat 

Jsteven -

The till perry idea sounds good so you don’t tie up two of the biggest stars in the company for a year doing a show that no one watches.

I would imagine perry would probably be a horrible coach could be wrong though.

omnigath -

GSP vs Khabib 

McGregor vs Diaz 3

Poirier vs Chandler/Olivera 

Poirier would have been a cool coach option 

I’m not sure that Colby would make for good TV.

Chael compensated for his boundry crossing by being kind hearted; a great loser; a winner; and very decent in the way he treated people in real life. Conor, too, at least up until Khabib. We haven’t seen that from Colby.

There is something off-putting about his mean-spiritedness and I don’t think it’d be good for the sport, or for TV. And people who know Colby tend not to defend him.

1 Like

What a homo masvidal turned out to be. Didn’t want to give Colby the platform? Now the fans have to watch the 170 lb division get out on hold for 18 months thanks asshole 

1 Like
deezlemike -
Jsteven -

I would imagine perry would probably be a horrible coach could be wrong though.

Would be the first time the coach was blackout drunk, having an emotional breakdown & wrecking the house.

wiggum - I'm not sure that Colby would make for good TV.

Chael compensated for his boundry crossing by being kind hearted; a great loser; a winner; and very decent in the way he treated people in real life. Conor, too, at least up until Khabib. We haven’t seen that from Colby.

There is something off-putting about his mean-spiritedness and I don’t think it’d be good for the sport, or for TV. And people who know Colby tend not to defend him.

He actually seems kind of quiet & humble when not putting on the character.  At least in the normal interviews I’ve seen.

1 Like

Somebody on another thread said Nate vs Colby and I think that’d be pretty funny lol

william795 - 
wiggum - I'm not sure that Colby would make for good TV.

He actually seems kind of quiet & humble when not putting on the character.  At least in the normal interviews I’ve seen.

I just know that unlike Chael and Conor, the people who spent a lot of time with him don’t seem to like him. He has burned so many bridges.

So, in addition to having a schtick that I can’t stand, he doesn’t seem to be a good guy to people in his life.

Equally important, I always found that a key to Conor and Chael’s schitcks were that they won and lost with Colby does neither.

KirkBJJ - Somebody on another thread said Nate vs Colby and I think that'd be pretty funny lol

Despite my comments above, I would absolutely watch that just because Nate is immune to being shut down on trash talk.