Guesses on TUF coaches? Dana says Welterweights..

i think Usman-Masdival   ..for tv Masdival-Diaz be my pick though

Mike Perry and Diego Sanchez 

MagicMark -

My guess is Nigerian nightmare vs Street Jesus

This makes the most sense to hype the coming fight.

Colby would be great tv but he and Usman already fought.

Serra - GSP

1 Like
wiggum - I'm not sure that Colby would make for good TV.

Chael compensated for his boundry crossing by being kind hearted; a great loser; a winner; and very decent in the way he treated people in real life. Conor, too, at least up until Khabib. We haven’t seen that from Colby.

There is something off-putting about his mean-spiritedness and I don’t think it’d be good for the sport, or for TV. And people who know Colby tend not to defend him.

I disagree, I think the show could display Colby as the stud wrestler he is, and showcase him as an unselfish human being instead of that “Maga guy”.  I honestly think Colby would be a good coach, because he’s super passionate about wrestling, he is known for being a dickhead in general but I think when it comes to competition he wants to win and would give his team the best chance.  I could be wrong but I think it would’ve been a good chance for UFC to rebrand his image to a more genuine reality.  But there is always a chance he tries to play a character and comes off badly… I think with TUF it would be hard to fake who you are as they film you for 6 weeks straight and have to chop all that footage down to 10 hours.  He would either approach the show genuine or have to put on the schtick 24/7.  

wiggum -
william795 - 
wiggum - I'm not sure that Colby would make for good TV.

Chael compensated for his boundry crossing by being kind hearted; a great loser; a winner; and very decent in the way he treated people in real life. Conor, too, at least up until Khabib. We haven’t seen that from Colby.

There is something off-putting about his mean-spiritedness and I don’t think it’d be good for the sport, or for TV. And people who know Colby tend not to defend him.

He actually seems kind of quiet & humble when not putting on the character.  At least in the normal interviews I’ve seen.

I just know that unlike Chael and Conor, the people who spent a lot of time with him don’t seem to like him. He has burned so many bridges.

So, in addition to having a schtick that I can’t stand, he doesn’t seem to be a good guy to people in his life.

Equally important, I always found that a key to Conor and Chael’s schitcks were that they won and lost with Colby does neither.

Jon Jones said Colby was the stereotypical bully jock in college, and was a dickhead to his teammates, which might be true, but there’s a chance he is just ultra competitive.  Could be a mixture of both.

KirkBJJ - Somebody on another thread said Nate vs Colby and I think that'd be pretty funny lol

This is the fight to make

slicedcity -
KirkBJJ - Somebody on another thread said Nate vs Colby and I think that'd be pretty funny lol

Literally the worst matchup for a Diaz.  I don’t see him ever accepting that fight 

knockoutfighter - 
slicedcity -

Literally the worst matchup for a Diaz.  I don’t see him ever accepting that fight 

I think Usman is even worse because of how disciplined his approach is. He was able to pin Maia to the cage and have his way with him; no reason to think he couldn’t do the same with Nate. Colby opens up a bit more. I’d pick Colby to beat Nate 99/100 times, but I think Usman is just a bit worse of a matchup.