Gun Conversion Kits??

I’m an owner and a CCW holder. My experience is primarily with handguns. I’ve owned shotguns and such but never anything like an AR or a Carbine. 

Ive recently come across conversion kits that can be used to convert a Glock into an AR style rifle. For example, the Roni kit can transform a G27 into a carbine. Has anyone ever used this type of a kit? What are your thoughts on them? I am curious, as I am not sure I want to invest several thousand into an AR, but for. A few hundred I can have a kit that works with a gun I already own.

You might want to check the laws on it. Some states it is illegal to add a stock and barrel. 

I dont recommmend them. Not only do they introduce another failure point to the firearm, they generally do not make the gun any more accurate. Also, some of them require you to register your Glock as a Short Barrel Rifle. If you do that it will be heavily restricted, and in Florida you can't use it in self defense. That will put you in a world of hurt.

You are better off buying an AR, and you dont need to invest several thousand.

If you still have my number call me, I can help you out. Or message me on facebook.

Thanks bro. I’ve still got your number. Went fishing not long ago... out on Commercial Pier.... I thought of you and the memories we could have had....

GuttyProfessor -

Thanks bro. I’ve still got your number. Went fishing not long ago... out on Commercial Pier.... I thought of you and the memories we could have had....

Lmfao 

Check out MechTech.  It's an actual carbine using your Glock, Springfield, or 1911 frame.  

Trust -

How are those kits legal?  Isn't putting a stock on a pistol considered covering it to a short barreled rifle?  

They come with either stocks or arm braces. 

The kit itself is legal, but once you put the glock in it the glock becomes an SBR unless it's the kit with the brace. 

GuttyProfessor -

I’m an owner and a CCW holder. My experience is primarily with handguns. I’ve owned shotguns and such but never anything like an AR or a Carbine. 

Ive recently come across conversion kits that can be used to convert a Glock into an AR style rifle. For example, the Roni kit can transform a G27 into a carbine. Has anyone ever used this type of a kit? What are your thoughts on them? I am curious, as I am not sure I want to invest several thousand into an AR, but for. A few hundred I can have a kit that works with a gun I already own.

They are stupid as hell but sure

Trust -

Ok, so like an AR pistol/SBR upper - you can buy it legally, but it's up to the owner to follow the law.  

Yes. Either convert as an arm braced pistol or you have to SBR if the barrel is less than 16"

Trust - 

How are those kits legal?  Isn't putting a stock on a pistol considered covering it to a short barreled rifle?  

Trust, the kit i posted turns it into a carbine. It has a barrel over 16 inches, so it's now a rifle, it just uses the Glock frame for trigger and magazine.

No longer a pistol.

Trust - 
Bassboats Budlight -

I seen Ruger is coming out with a 9mm? carbine.

It's out.  The RPC.  It's basically a 10/22 in 9mm. It even uses the same trigger group as the 10/22.

This.

In my opinion OP should start with a pistol caliber carbine that accepts Glock mags like the Ruger RPC, or the KelTec Sub 2000.

Inexpensive way to test the water with carbines.