Gun purchase

Hello I know everyone advises to purchase firearms from the local shop but the ones around me have told me they are very low on inventory so where is the best place other than purchasing locally?

Any good online options?

1 Like

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/

1 Like

Palmettostatearmory.com

1 Like

Online places are sold out too.

And most have a 7-10 day delay for shipping, if not longer.

I heard you can buy fully automatic rocket launchers at the local gun show, might want to give it a shot

1 Like

White347LX -

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/

This

PatK -

Bud's had a lot.  Maybe not what you're looking for, but a lot.  

phydeau - 
PatK -

Bud's had a lot.  Maybe not what you're looking for, but a lot.  

This.

It depends on what you're looking for really.

I got a GREAT deal from Bud's a couple of months ago on a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 pistol. I guess I caught it on a day where they had high inventory so the price was really good. A couple of days later it was $30 more.

Free shipping to my FFL.

If you're looking for an AR then Aero or Palmetto may be better, but you'll have to wait a while.

Gunbroker.com

Prepper's Gun Shop, Atlantic Firearms, and Cla$$ic Firearms have all been great to deal with. Can't type the word cla$$ic in this app. 

1 Like

How much of a pain is having it sent to a FFL?  I'm looking at a pistol at kygunco.com, but there is a 10% restocking fee, if I would need to send it back, on top of the $35 fee to the FFL.

Its not a pain, you have the FFL contact the seller with their info, the seller ships the gun to them. When you go pick the gun up they run the check. If you have to send the gun back you dont have to use the FFL but yes your taking a loss.

cfochs - 

How much of a pain is having it sent to a FFL?  I'm looking at a pistol at kygunco.com, but there is a 10% restocking fee, if I would need to send it back, on top of the $35 fee to the FFL.

Depends. How likely is it that you won't pass a background check?

Because other than having it shipped, there is NO DIFFERENCE between buying a gun over the counter at a local dealer and taking possession of a gun over the counter from a transfer agent that you had the gun shipped to, except that you paid a 3rd party and had to wait for shipping.

So don't go thinking that you are buying something out the back door, or that you're using some sort of "gun show loophole."

On Bud's web site, you can put in your zip code and it will bring up a list of transfer agents Bud's has used in your local area. A lot of them are in residential neighborhoods, and run by retirees looking to make an easy extra $500 a week.

phydeau -
cfochs - 

Depends. How likely is it that you won't pass a background check?

Because other than having it shipped, there is NO DIFFERENCE between buying a gun over the counter at a local dealer and taking possession of a gun over the counter from a transfer agent that you had the gun shipped to, except that you paid a 3rd party and had to wait for shipping.

So don't go thinking that you are buying something out the back door, or that you're using some sort of "gun show loophole."

On Bud's web site, you can put in your zip code and it will bring up a list of transfer agents Bud's has used in your local area. A lot of them are in residential neighborhoods, and run by retirees looking to make an easy extra $500 a week.

Background check isn't an issue.  All of the larger online retailers either don't sell the pistol I'm interested in or they are out of stock.  I'm a little leary about buying from a lesser known retailer.  I've just read a few unfavorable stories about buyers being sent the wrong gun or a gun that was clearly used.

Another good one:

https://www.brownells.com/

I wouldnt recomend using Buds. I recently did and it was the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I purchased a shotgun that was fully confirmed by them. I paid a local FFL dealer and purchased accessories for the specific gun. Two weeks later I get an email from Buds telling me the item I bought was now out of stock. To top it off there was ZEROZthey were willing to do.

They have the worst customer service, do not have a phone, their "live chat" disconnected me 5x, and it takes them days to respond to an email. 

Never bought a gun before.

Looking at a shotgun for the house. 

Can someone help point me in the right direction? I see lots of em for under 500. I'm basically looking for something that's at least 8 plus 1. 

I'm in California BTW. Is buying online an option?

Juggernautt - 

Can someone help point me in the right direction? I see lots of em for under 500. I'm basically looking for something that's at least 8 plus 1. 

If you've never bought a gun before then I recommend finding a local gun shop.

Far better to make your first purchase face to face where you can ask a ton of questions and handle the gun before you buy.

Juggernautt -

Remington 870 or mossberg 500 or 590

No clue about online for Cali. I think the Cali gun forum is like calguns or something they probably have a sticky on it. Also probably local shop recommendations. 

Eurooptic.com