Gunnar Nelson highlight

Gunnar Nelson official highlight

http://www.vimeo.com/17054992

WAR GUNNAR!!!

Gunnar Nelson just won the bjj black belst Michael Russell from UK in a nogi grappling fight in Iceland. RNC in 4 minutes.

good shit

Was thinking about posting this up yesterday when saw it, when is he going to get signed up Dana?

He's definitely a special prospect.

ttt

Anyone can look good when you haven't fought top competition. His skillset looks sound, just would like to see him fight better competition.

One of the best highlights I have seen! Suits this great fighter. The biggest prospect in MMA today.

mmaice - One of the best highlights I have seen! Suits this great fighter. The biggest prospect in MMA today.
I'm with you, just would like to see some tests.

one of the best prospects in MMA, the UFC or strikeforce seriously need to sign him.

ausgepicht - 
mmaice - One of the best highlights I have seen! Suits this great fighter. The biggest prospect in MMA today.
I'm with you, just would like to see some tests.

He has been fighting stronger and stronger opponents and has pretty much cleaned out the welterweights prospects in the UK imo. Only one left for him there are Paul Daley and Dan Hardy. Others UK ww are far behind Gunnar imo. And to be honest I think Gunnar Nelson would win both Daley and Hardy. I know some will disagree but I honestly think this is the case. That's how good he is.

He is really young so there is no rush for him to get into strikeforce or ufc yet. I think is better to get more experience first and then go into the bigger organisations.

I expect big thinks from him in the future! His grappling is absolutly amazing!

I agree. Gunnar will go as far in this sport as he will. He obviously doing this on his own terms and won't be rushed into anything. A free spirit. I like that.

Kid is 22, but he needs to be signed!  8-0, finished every fight and has only been out of the 1st round once. I heard when GSP was at Renzo's training Gunnar was giving him all sorts of credit. If thats true pretty impressive!

ausgepicht - Anyone can look good when you haven't fought top competition. His skillset looks sound, just would like to see him fight better competition.

He beat Jeff Monson in the last ADCC, by points, and when the time ran out, he had the gassed Jeff in a kimura. Perhaps he would have tapped him out if he had 1 more minute to go. How's that for top competition (even though it's submission grappling)?

he tears it up at ADCC being a smaller guy, cant wait to see him compete in a big organization.

Another awesome Nelson HL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1W6-ErrHls

No way he beats Hardy or Daley right now. Look at that sloppy ass face forward standup, he's asking to be knocked out.

The kid is twenty two, let him take his time and refine his standup. He has all the talent and youth on his side.

DowntownMB - No way he beats Hardy or Daley right now. Look at that sloppy ass face forward standup, he's asking to be knocked out.

The kid is twenty two, let him take his time and refine his standup. He has all the talent and youth on his side.

Did you not watch Daley vs Shields/Kos? Nelson has great grappling and is WAY more active than Kos. I may be all over the bandwagon on this one but I'd bet Nelson over either of those two.