Gunnar Nelson... Thoughts???

I've been ultra impressed with Gunnar Nelson's performances. He possesses very stoic, Fedor-esque demeanor with the crafty McGregor like stand up, to round it off, his ground skills are ultra superb. I think he stops Maia inside 2.

Also, sidenote, I think having Gunnar as a rolling partner is freaking priceless for Conor. Not many guys as good as Gunny on the ground, Aldo included. Just saying. Phone Post 3.0

I think this fight will be one of those odd cases of elite aspects canceling each other out. I think Damien will get out worked by Gunnar on the ground, and keep this on the feet. I think Gunnar earns a TKO in the 3rd Phone Post 3.0

Maia will get TKO'd. Phone Post 3.0

Never_rolled - Did you see him against Rick Story?
Rick Story is the GOAT that never made it. Rick Story could beat anyone on his best night. Anyone knows that. Rick Story just never put it all together. Phone Post 3.0

I think he is an elite fighter but there is no telling how he will do because he hasn't fought any top guys. Rick Story was his biggest challenge and he lost.

Gunnar's really good. Good and getting better on the feet, obviously phenomenal on the ground with solid MMA wrestling as well. That said, the size differential could be a problem here if Maia gets on top. Maia has the skills and the size to put Gunnar on his back.

Probably goes to decision in a super technical bout. Phone Post 3.0

wandFC12 - 
Rick Story is the GOAT that never made it. Rick Story could beat anyone on his best night. Anyone knows that. Rick Story just never put it all together. Phone Post 3.0

And Maia almost broke Story's neck in about two minutes.

turdboy -
wandFC12 - 

Didn't say he would submit Maia. Lol. Not out of the realm of possibility but I'm saying he stops Maia with strikes. Phone Post 3.0

wandFC12 - 
turdboy -
wandFC12 - 

Didn't say he would submit Maia. Lol. Not out of the realm of possibility but I'm saying he stops Maia with strikes. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I think so too. On the ground..

Gunnar is the shit

I think his match with Story would go very differently now.

You know, with Gunnar winning.

turdboy -
wandFC12 - 

MMA math...you know how that works Phone Post 3.0

mia is very tuff at this weight. he gets the win

SurgicalGloves - 
turdboy -
wandFC12 - 

MMA math...you know how that works Phone Post 3.0

Apparently I do considering my pick.

mada - I see cardio being Gunnar's biggest advantage in this fight. I love Maia and I favor him in this fight, but he's gotta be careful as Gunnar is excellent everywhere Phone Post 3.0
Especially in the sack.

So I've heard... Phone Post 3.0

I like Maia in this one. Not sure how though.

I think Maia is the better grappler but probably the gap isn't big enough for a submission. I think Maia is the better wrestler. Gunnar is much better standing. I would lean toward Maia but sometimes his cardio is terrible.

Fantastic matchup, I'm rooting for Maia. I would like to see him get one last title run. Gunnar has all the time in the world.

WattMell - Got exposed by Rick Story who isn't exactly a world beater. Still think he has a lot of potential but seems like he fights very loose on purpose to look cool but somebody with power will ko him with that stance/style. Phone Post 3.0

You think that's his style to "look cool"? Wow.

doerksenfan - Gunnar's really good. Good and getting better on the feet, obviously phenomenal on the ground with solid MMA wrestling as well. That said, the size differential could be a problem here if Maia gets on top. Maia has the skills and the size to put Gunnar on his back.

Probably goes to decision in a super technical bout. Phone Post 3.0
This, w Maia winning. Phone Post 3.0

Ministry of Truth -
WattMell - Got exposed by Rick Story who isn't exactly a world beater. Still think he has a lot of potential but seems like he fights very loose on purpose to look cool but somebody with power will ko him with that stance/style. Phone Post 3.0

You think that's his style to "look cool"? Wow.
For fuckin real.

Dbag thing to even think, much less say. Phone Post 3.0

His last fight against Brandon Thatch was his best outing to date. If he's built on that performance then I see him beating Maia. If he holds back on his strikes too much it will go similarly to the Nelson/Story fight Phone Post 3.0