Gustaf deserves the shot after his no show!

Title says it all! What an amazing performance against such a top level guy!! Phone Post

Are you being sarcastic? Phone Post 3.0

I was thinking the same damn thing. UFC is drunk and needs to take its ass home.

Jones defends title, breaks toe.

Gustaf doesn't' fight, gets title shot? WTF.

Deserves it more than Sonnen Phone Post

At least it's an actual lhw contender and he's coming off a win. Phone Post

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - He beat Shogun, Gegard is injured. We have seen Jones Vs. Machida already. I don't see the problem. Phone Post
Yeah the UFC hates putting together rematches... Phone Post 3.0

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - He beat Shogun, Gegard is injured. We have seen Jones Vs. Machida already. I don't see the problem. Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0

Typical UFC hypocrisy Hendo gets hurt has to fight Machida first, Gustafson gets hurt get title shot. Total bs again.

Sit Jones out since he fights enough anyway, let him heal and have Glover vs. Gustaffson to determine the rightful contender, problem solved.

But for some reason noone wants that. Phone Post 3.0

And Nick deserved a shot off a loss and suspension.
And Frankie deserved a shot coming off 2 losses.
And Chael deserved a shot off a loss.
And the list goes on.

It'll be ok dude. Gus deserves a shot more than any of the above did. Ironically all of the above lost in their bid for the title also. Phone Post 3.0

Gus deserves it, but wtf happened to Machida? He was supposed to get his shot after he beat Hendo. Who does he fight now? Nothing makes sense now. Phone Post 3.0

The people bitching about Gus better not be saying Weidman deserves his shot after backing out of the fight with Boetsch then

MasterofMartialArts - Gus deserves it, but wtf happened to Machida? He was supposed to get his shot after he beat Hendo. Who does he fight now? Nothing makes sense now. Phone Post 3.0
Davis I believe is what I heard. Assuming he wins that, he gets a shot shortly after? Phone Post 3.0

thestaton - I was thinking the same damn thing. UFC is drunk and needs to take its ass home.

Worked for Weidman. Got "Injured" for Boetsch, then declined to fight Vitor. Voila, Title Shot

DoomFarmer - Sit Jones out since he fights enough anyway, let him heal and have Glover vs. Gustaffson to determine the rightful contender, problem solved.

Between watching the best in the world fight and waiting, you'll rarely find we're a group interested in waiting. Phone Post 3.0

MostLegit - 
DoomFarmer - Sit Jones out since he fights enough anyway, let him heal and have Glover vs. Gustaffson to determine the rightful contender, problem solved.

Between watching the best in the world fight and waiting, you'll rarely find we're a group interested in waiting. Phone Post 3.0

Something tells me you would somehow manage.

Probably cause Lyoto is #1 contender and Gustaf is #2. Tell me why this fight doesn't make sense? "The UFC hates rematches" no. That fight 100% makes the most sense.

But Jones needs someone with long reach on his resume. Lyoto isn't as appealing to the average fight fan so he won't get a shot. He's the Roy Nelson of LHW Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - At least it's an actual lhw contender and he's coming off a win. Phone Post

You mean like the LHW #1 contender Lyoto Machida? Coming off of 2 straight wins? Dan Henderson has title shot. Loses it to Chael always second Sonnen. Loses fight with Lyoto. Gustaf beats the "legendary" Shogun. Then pulls out of his hometown card due to a cut and gets a title shot? Lul Ufc. Lul. Phone Post

eljamaiquino -
thestaton - I was thinking the same damn thing. UFC is drunk and needs to take its ass home.

Worked for Weidman. Got "Injured" for Boetsch, then declined to fight Vitor. Voila, Title Shot

Forgot about Weidman situation! However LHW is a little different with no clear cut Number 1 contender. Between Lyoto, Glover, Gustaf and Hendo.

Middleweight has Weidman and TRT man Phone Post

The point I'm trying to get across is why isn't there a fight between Lyoto and Gustaf? Watch the Lyoto Hendo fight. And tell me how many fucking times they said the winner gets a shot, even said it after the decision. Did you hear a single time "the winner gets a shot" during the Shogun Gustaf fight? No.

It definitely makes the most sense to have Lyoto vs Gustaf while Jones' toe recovers.

People seem to forget Lyoto was winning the Jones fight. At least until the last 30 seconds when he got cut open from a bow then immediately choked unconscious. Jones is the man. I feel like the UFC is keeping Lyoto away in fear that he can beat their superstar. Gustaf just looks better on his resume than another Machida win. IMO Phone Post