Gustaf deserves the shot after his no show!

MasterofMartialArts - Gus deserves it, but wtf happened to Machida? He was supposed to get his shot after he beat Hendo. Who does he fight now? Nothing makes sense now. Phone Post 3.0

"Nothing makes sense now" the past year has been some of the most political BS Phone Post

It's just haters being mad Jones gets to fight both Machida and Gus and get the credit for both. They are actually upset Jones will get due credit for fighting the best in his division. They would very much prefer Jones ducked, fought Silva (who he would win against because Silva is nearly 40 years of age and smaller) and then went on to heavyweight and hopefully get beat up by Cain or whatever. Jones is far too smart to fall for baits - he's going straight to the top and there is nothing redneck America can do about it. Narrows.

PatrickVilone - 

The point I'm trying to get across is why isn't there a fight between Lyoto and Gustaf? Watch the Lyoto Hendo fight. And tell me how many fucking times they said the winner gets a shot, even said it after the decision. Did you hear a single time "the winner gets a shot" during the Shogun Gustaf fight? No.

It definitely makes the most sense to have Lyoto vs Gustaf while Jones' toe recovers.

People seem to forget Lyoto was winning the Jones fight. At least until the last 30 seconds when he got cut open from a bow then immediately choked unconscious. Jones is the man. I feel like the UFC is keeping Lyoto away in fear that he can beat their superstar. Gustaf just looks better on his resume than another Machida win. IMO Phone Post

So what is the problem here? Jones resume looking good? He's the freaking best LHW in the history of the sport - his resume not looking good would take him taking advice from the UG hate crew.

He was already the guy who should have been fighting for the title. No big deal. Gegard or Machida in front of him makes no sense.

Lol, did people forget how machida even got his first shot at jones?? Back to back losses followed by a win over unranked couture.

Then he loses the first round to jones, gets dropped, elbowed and finished decisively in the second and you guys are crying that he should get a rematch?? Give me a break, get someone new in there who jones hasn't smashed already. Phone Post 3.0

hustlewestbrook -
MasterofMartialArts - Gus deserves it, but wtf happened to Machida? He was supposed to get his shot after he beat Hendo. Who does he fight now? Nothing makes sense now. Phone Post 3.0
Davis I believe is what I heard. Assuming he wins that, he gets a shot shortly after? Phone Post 3.0
Oh I know he's fighting Davis, but why and how did that happen? He beat Hendo, was supposed to get a shot. Then him and Gus are beefing over twitter and they want to fight each other, then Machida gets Davis and Gus gets a title shot? Wtf? Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 - 
Elias Cepeda - 

He was already the guy who should have been fighting for the title. No big deal. Gegard or Machida in front of him makes no sense.

Who did he beat to deserve a shot?

You know all the guys he's beaten? those guys

big_roy_fan -
PatrickVilone -  The point I'm trying to get across is why isn't there a fight between Lyoto and Gustaf? Watch the Lyoto Hendo fight. And tell me how many fucking times they said the winner gets a shot, even said it after the decision. Did you hear a single time "the winner gets a shot" during the Shogun Gustaf fight? No.

It definitely makes the most sense to have Lyoto vs Gustaf while Jones' toe recovers.

People seem to forget Lyoto was winning the Jones fight. At least until the last 30 seconds when he got cut open from a bow then immediately choked unconscious. Jones is the man. I feel like the UFC is keeping Lyoto away in fear that he can beat their superstar. Gustaf just looks better on his resume than another Machida win. IMO Phone Post

jones has already destroyed most top LHWs and MWs why the fuck would gustafsson and machida fight eachother to eliminate another top contender from fighting jones in the near future? have them make their own, seperate ways to the title.

'people seem to forget lyoto was winning the jones fight'
http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-140-jones-vs-machida-the-scorecards/nggallery/image/bout-12-jones-vs-machida-ufc-140
people SEEM TO FORGET THAT MACHIDA ONLY WON ONE OF THE SCORECARD... WINNING 1 OUT OF 3 SCORECARD DOESNT WIN YOU A ROUND

Watch the first round of the Lyoto Jones fight.

Now watch Diaz vs Condit. I thought Diaz won too. But hey I guess when the judges say so.... Phone Post

Gus has beaten few big names. It makes no sense to skip Lyoto. Dana and company must have different meanings to "winner of this fight will get a shot at the title" than I do... Phone Post

He didnt no show, he wasnt cleared to fight. Dont accuse him of being a coward Phone Post

Machdia blow his chance bc he so boring. Phone Post

PatrickVilone - Gus has beaten few big names. It makes no sense to skip Lyoto. Dana and company must have different meanings to "winner of this fight will get a shot at the title" than I do... Phone Post
It makes complete sense. Lyoto survived a round against jones. One whole round. Hell even if you want to argue machida won the round it was by a thin margin, and it was still only one round.

Is that supposed to make anyone excited about a rematch? Phone Post 3.0

You're title is moronic. He didn't no show...he wasn't cleared by the commission to fight. Phone Post

big_roy_fan -
PatrickVilone -  Gus has beaten few big names. It makes no sense to skip Lyoto. Dana and company must have different meanings to "winner of this fight will get a shot at the title" than I do... Phone Post

gus is coming off a win over the guy who knocked machida the fuck out bro

Okay? Cause we all know how much that matters in this sport. Lol. JDS knocked Cain "the fuck out bro" but we all know what happened in the second fight(;

Nd the shogun knockout was a one shot behind the ear punch. Nothing spectacular. And not to mention Lyoto beat him in the first fight. Even though I scored it for Shogun, the judges didn't and thats all that matters in your eyes. Phone Post

da Vinci 81 -
PatrickVilone - Gus has beaten few big names. It makes no sense to skip Lyoto. Dana and company must have different meanings to "winner of this fight will get a shot at the title" than I do... Phone Post
It makes complete sense. Lyoto survived a round against jones. One whole round. Hell even if you want to argue machida won the round it was by a thin margin, and it was still only one round.

Is that supposed to make anyone excited about a rematch? Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Styles make fights. Quote me on this but Lyoto will pose the greatest threat to Jones. But we'll probably not get to see that until early next year.

If you aren't excited to see Lyoto vs Jones II then so be it. I'm not excited for Gustaf vs Jones.

Many can argue than Cain didn't deserve a shot after getting KTFOd in a minute by JDS.

But then again, like I said Lyoto isn't a favorite among the average MMA fan. Roy Nelson of LHW. Phone Post

JStrongMMA - You're title is moronic. He didn't no show...he wasn't cleared by the commission to fight. Phone Post

Not moronic. Did he attend UFC sweden? No. Was he scheduled to? Yes.

We all know he got a cut over his eye.
Why do I need to make the title longer to please ignorant people like yourself?

It's like if Phil Davis got injured before the Rashad Evans fight then got to fight for the title. Would have made no sense what soever... Phone Post

Gus wouldve lost to mousassi IMO Phone Post 3.0

Allucard - It's just haters being mad Jones gets to fight both Machida and Gus and get the credit for both. They are actually upset Jones will get due credit for fighting the best in his division. They would very much prefer Jones ducked, fought Silva (who he would win against because Silva is nearly 40 years of age and smaller) and then went on to heavyweight and hopefully get beat up by Cain or whatever. Jones is far too smart to fall for baits - he's going straight to the top and there is nothing redneck America can do about it. Narrows.

LOL @ this melodramatic bullshit.

You guys really need to relax with this martyr complex you guys want to bestow on Jones. It's not a good look.

It has nothing to do with anything you are implying.

MartialArtsMixed - Gus wouldve lost to mousassi IMO Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

PatrickVilone -
JStrongMMA - You're title is moronic. He didn't no show...he wasn't cleared by the commission to fight. Phone Post

Not moronic. Did he attend UFC sweden? No. Was he scheduled to? Yes.

We all know he got a cut over his eye.
Why do I need to make the title longer to please ignorant people like yourself?

It's like if Phil Davis got injured before the Rashad Evans fight then got to fight for the title. Would have made no sense what soever... Phone Post

Because a no show and not being medically cleared is two different things. Phone Post