Gustafsson & Amirkhani w weapons in Chechnya (pic)

Crooklyn - 
touch - 
Elias Cepeda - Touch, that's great! Where is the photo originally from? Have a link? Phone Post 3.0

The link is me.

It is from this Instagram account and the photos were originally posted 2 days ago. Bloody Elbow ran a story this morning, and we credited the originators with the find.

https://instagram.com/akhmat_mma/

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/22/9190969/ufc-fighters-gustafsson-amirkhani-pose-with-guns-and-axes-in-chechnya

Thanks, Steph! Much appreciated. I never have a problem crediting Crook's good work, btw. Always brings it.

Touch coming heavy with the trolling. Dude, I just wanted to know where the photo was from...

pattitude - 
touch - 

Oh come on GTFO with this shit. Do you really think I'm running around after Fedor and/or UFC fighters in Russia with a camera? I'm just sick that anything I bring to the UG gets spread over Internet days later with zero credit to the guy who covers the shit in the first place. Bloody Elbow ran a story and you credited someone for this, Crooklyn? Really? How about that time when Bloody Elbow ran a story of Fedor commenting on Ronda fights a week after I made a thread about it on the UG, and your translation fucked up the point Fedor was trying to make? And it was spread all over the web this way? You guys do a fucking bad job, really.

Dude, I love what you do for the UG.

But, YOU said "I'm the link".

And you were not.

I am NEVER the link. You can fucking check the URL's of the pics to see where there are posted at, for fuck's sake!

Why the fuck are you so angry, man? I don't know who you are, for all I know you could be friends with Gustafsson or any of these fighters. I saw you post something dope, and asked where it came from. Just link up to sources from now on and it won't be confusing.

Elias Cepeda - 

Why the fuck are you so angry, man? I don't know who you are, for all I know you could be friends with Gustafsson or any of these fighters. I saw you post something dope, and asked where it came from. Just link up to sources from now on and it won't be confusing.

lol dude I thought I made it clear: UG very rarely gives credit to its own members who post something "dope" so this time I said that's it I'm the source lol Nevermind. When it would come to something really meaningful like Fedor signing I would absolutely specify the source. If I still want to post on the UG by that time though.

Lol at UGers talking about citation of sources.

We all do realize we're having this discussion on a forum whose "news blog" routinely pilfers material from other sites, it's own forums posters, while not being bothered to spell fighter's names correctly, right?

Crook needs to use her red status/bloody elbow cred to be a mouth piece against this site's admin authorized content rather one extremely loyal, consistent forum contributor's error.

I don't think any of us would accuse touch of promoting himself - he's promoting his favorite fighter. The UG blog on the other hand... Phone Post 3.0

Malvert, news blogging by its nature is derivative, and the UG blog always cites and links up to sources so I don't know what you are talking about. 

Also, I'm not out for touch or anyone else. I just literally had no idea who he is in real life, saw this, thought it would make a good post so I asked him what the source was in case I did a post so I could get the photo, link up, etc.

Touch, I didn't get that you were joking and I guess you didn't get that I seriously was asking you a favor in the source link (or, if you were the one who took it, to hit me up so I could credit you and get you exposure). Don't get dramatic about "if I even still post here" though, that seems silly bro. Post if you want, don't if you don't. I like the photos.

Ah, it's just all this seriousness about what I'm assuming is a Twitter picture. Things that get flooded into the public domain via the World Wide Web, like "look at me" Twitter photos, are free game, IMO. As long as folks aren't profiting, this "hey, you didn't snap that photo" reaction seems silly. Especially given that it's posted in a forum and not on the front page of touch's own web page as bait to draw hits. Wouldn't every picture, gif, or video posted on these forums require a credit to its author if we're requiring touch to cite this one? Should I credit Spielberg if I post an ET gif? Or can we deduce as much?

Elias, I wasn't directing my comments to you. I was responding to a journalist's quick reaction to the posting of a Twitter picture.

Just my feeble opinion, at any rate. Phone Post 3.0

Elias Cepeda - 

Malvert, news blogging by its nature is derivative, and the UG blog always cites and links up to sources so I don't know what you are talking about. 

Also, I'm not out for touch or anyone else. I just literally had no idea who he is in real life, saw this, thought it would make a good post so I asked him what the source was in case I did a post so I could get the photo, link up, etc.

Touch, I didn't get that you were joking and I guess you didn't get that I seriously was asking you a favor in the source link (or, if you were the one who took it, to hit me up so I could credit you and get you exposure). Don't get dramatic about "if I even still post here" though, that seems silly bro. Post if you want, don't if you don't. I like the photos.

I don't get dramatic lol But there are reasons people stop posting on the UG. And it's not only about stealing of news. UG had some really good posters covering Russian stuff in TSGIGOR and DamnSevern, now they both don't seem too willing to post here anymore.  

Elias Cepeda -

If I can add to this, I think I have an idea of where touch is coming from, he regularly finds mma related stuff and transcribes it to English so we can understand it and often the same thing is posted on other sites with no mention of who transcribed it in the first place to make it available to the western world.

I don't think he was implying that he is the source of all this news in the first place. Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - Ah, it's just all this seriousness about what I'm assuming is a Twitter picture. Things that get flooded into the public domain via the World Wide Web, like "look at me" Twitter photos, are free game, IMO. As long as folks aren't profiting, this "hey, you didn't snap that photo" reaction seems silly. Especially given that it's posted in a forum and not on the front page of touch's own web page as bait to draw hits. Wouldn't every picture, gif, or video posted on these forums require a credit to its author if we're requiring touch to cite this one? Should I credit Spielberg if I post an ET gif? Or can we deduce as much?

Elias, I wasn't directing my comments to you. I was responding to a journalist's quick reaction to the posting of a Twitter picture.

Just my feeble opinion, at any rate. Phone Post 3.0
I feel you brother. I wasn't too serious, and your opinion certainly isn't feeble.

We do this Haymaker blog with kinda off topic things and an idea suddenly came into my head when I saw the photo. When Touch jokingly said he was the source I thought maybe he was serious.

And I wasn't trying to lecture him about posting links I honestly was just trying to give a recommendation since it seem like he was annoyed about misunderstandings.

And anyway, yeah, I always enjoy his posts, I certainly wouldn't want to see him stop posting but I also think he went a bit batty on my homie Crooklyn. Phone Post 3.0

Canned Hams - Touch your ego is getting too big. Come back to earth buddy. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck off 15er Phone Post 3.0

ty for pictures, couldn't give a fuck who posted them first or where

All I know is Touch is always posting these pics here and I wouldn't see them otherwise. As for attribution, I don't see how these Instagram photos make a news story anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Music tribute to UG's own, Touch.

http://youtu.be/eYAAbbuEpnw

Need a blue to embed (Touch?), will VU.

very cool pic..

http://mmanytt.se/galor/ufc/se-bilder-videos-fran-alexander-gustafssons-traningslager-i-tjetjenien/ Phone Post 3.0

XxLiveBaitxX - Music tribute to UG's own, Touch.

http://youtu.be/eYAAbbuEpnw

Need a blue to embed (Touch?), will VU.

Nevermind all this shit I was drunk yesterday lol

touch -

Nevermind all this shit I was drunk yesterday lol

Source?

; ) Phone Post 3.0

Someone getting a little touchy feely Phone Post 3.0