Gustafsson served 15 months in prison as teen

Spent some time in the pokey myself. Martial arts and a wife and kid definitely helped me. Phone Post 3.0

If you were in jail for over 1 year you cannot even get into the USA.

Aggravated is a bad charge Phone Post 3.0

Lick Boners - Now who is the good guy, Jones or Gus? I wonder what the comments would be if Jones had done the same.

Gus may have been sentenced for assault on multiple occasions, but Jones was the type of kid who would tell on other for smoking weed. That shit can't be forgiven.

-MMA fans

On a serious note, I got nothing against Gustafsson. People make mistakes, and people can change. It's great that he turned his life around. However, it never ceases to amaze me that MMA fans (and sports fans in general) go around making all of these character judgments about people who are strangers to them based on totally superficial bullshit.

Beer Is Best Cold - If you were in jail for over 1 year you cannot even get into the USA.
Is this true? Phone Post 3.0

shatefak - 
Beer Is Best Cold - If you were in jail for over 1 year you cannot even get into the USA.
Is this true? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, but we don't know all of the facts here. It's possible that his juvenille record is sealed and that the convictions don't show up on a background check when he travels.

Huey Freeman - It's a board dedicated to cage fighting.

Too many stuck up sheltered people into mma these days.

It's fucking embarrassing, there's even a thread in who looks hotter during fights Ronda or miesha. Phone Post 3.0

What are you so worked up about? This thread is all of two pages long after being up for almost a day, and there are barely any responses that are critical of Gus.

You should save this anger for all of the trivial BS that gets hurled at fighters who aren't exactly fan favorites.

war gus..and jones the thing i loved about mma was or is full of characters.. kinda like boxing, football, basketball, baseball, surfing or really any sport from back in the day.. the whole element of someone achieving great things while being flawed as a human is awesome imo.. it's real it's genuine.

esque - There's a lot of gangs in Sweden and in some city's it's pretty bad. My guess would be he was in some sort of a gang/group of friends to defend himself. But yeah 1.5 years is a long time to be locked up for assault in Sweden. Phone Post 3.0
"Swedish gangs"

Sorry it just sounds funny Phone Post 3.0

jacktripper -
esque - There's a lot of gangs in Sweden and in some city's it's pretty bad. My guess would be he was in some sort of a gang/group of friends to defend himself. But yeah 1.5 years is a long time to be locked up for assault in Sweden. Phone Post 3.0
"Swedish gangs"

Almost as funny as French-Canadian rap music... Phone Post 3.0

interesting read

chalice - 
jacktripper - Skinhead? Phone Post 3.0

always wondered if the ugly, solid black spade tattoo was covering up some regretted "art" from his youth. i guess it's possible he just really likes poker though.

He keeps track of his MMA record on there. If you look below the big spade, there's a bunch of smaller ones. Each filled in black spade represents a victory and a white spade represents a defeat.

Captain_Underpants - 
Injury_Duty -
DoomFarmer -
Lick Boners - Now who is the good guy, Jones or Gus? I wonder what the comments would be if Jones had done the same.

I'm no fan of Jones at all but this is a fair point to bring up.

...Gus didn't burst on the scene a full blown bible thumper. I think that's what bothered a lot of people. That aura of "I move with God- and you don't" sort of vibe.

So, yeah, the comments would obviously be harsher had the story been Jones locked up in the can. Phone Post 3.0
So it's bad that Jon was/is religious? I remember him talking about God and thanking God for everything, which a lot if fighters do, but no one gets up in arms about them. He never pushed religion into anyone or anything like that. And I know what people are gonna say, he's a hypocrite, he's fake blah blah blah. Why? Because he's young and rich and your not? People make mistakes and learn from them, what bad has he done you or anyone for that sake? Phone Post 3.0

You missed his point. All hope is lost for you.

jacktripper - 
"Swedish gangs"

im from sweden and i can tell you that the majority of the members of these gangs are immigrants or second generation immigrants from southern/eastern europe, middle east and north africa. so you have a very good point in questioning it.

I think the difference is that Gus doesn't pretend he's perfect whereas some people believe Jones does. Personally I don't care, I appreciate both as fighters and if Jones wants to portray a certain image that's his prerogative.

my god this Swedish thug culture

Mr Winter - 

I think the difference is that Gus doesn't pretend he's perfect whereas some people believe Jones does. Personally I don't care, I appreciate both as fighters and if Jones wants to portray a certain image that's his prerogative.

Man, Jones dropped the Christian role model shtick a while ago and has seemed much more comfortable being himself on camera recently.

I'd ask when you guys are going to let this shit go, but considering the fact that MMA fans still make Andy Wang jokes and post Rashad's KO face on forums like either are still funny or even remotely relevant, I know that the answer is "never."

Good point. I wouldn't say that Gus is not a good guy, but Jones haters would just have a field day if they had 15 months in prison as ammunition.

I like him even better.

Been arrested for felony assault twice, misdemeanor assaults a couple times as well.  Not to mention the arrests for drugs.

Unlike Gus, I am neither proud of it, nor ashamed.

I can certainly empathize with him.

Unclemac1 -
jacktripper - 
"Swedish gangs"

im from sweden and i can tell you that the majority of the members of these gangs are immigrants or second generation immigrants from southern/eastern europe, middle east and north africa. so you have a very good point in questioning it.
I appreciate how you didn't take that as an insult to your country

A lot of people are so in love with gangsters it starts a whole "our scumbags are worse than your scumbags" debate

Enjoy the fights Phone Post 3.0