Guy fights ref after win (video)

Right to the body followed by a left hook when the ref was looking away, and the ref still knocked him off balance with the counter.

Ref by KO, imo.

If I hit a guy with a right to the body AND a left hook while he wasn't looking, and it didn't even faze him......yeesh.

Even if some of you guys know this fighter or he is your friend, you gotta admit that he looks like he has the punching power of Barney Fife.

"Just because the ref was wrong in his actions doesn't make the fighter right in his."

I agree and did not say that he was. I am just saying that the refs action was uncalled for and he should be handled the same as if it were a fighter hitting a ref. Equal both ways.

"The second tap became more of a hit ? very unprofessional for a ref. He should pull him off, not start 'tapping' him."

Wow, I am way on the other side of the fence on this one. He held too long, fight was over, he did not let go and the ref surely got his attention fast.

Nothing unprofessional about it at all in my opinion. It was an attention getter and it worked. Big John tackles guys all of the time. Same fucking thing.

"I would not be able to control myself after I got slapped in the back of the head."

You really should probably seek profesional help then. I am serious.

The fighter shouldn't have held the choke. The ref did not slap the guy hard enough to hurt him. Perhaps there was a better way to deal with the guy holding the choke but there is absolutely no excuse for that fighter to have swung at the ref.

As for those that think this ref slapped the guy sooo hard and commited such a grievous offense check out the ref that slapped Dirty Bob rather hard after he illegaly stomped Matsui's head.

"Wow, I am way on the other side of the fence on this one. He held too long, fight was over, he did not let go and the ref surely got his attention fast."

That's the way I saw it, too. Guys punches were pretty weak, anyway, so no big deal.

However, the ref punching him back was unprofessional, so I digress, but the slap was definitely not unprofessional.

The ref was trying to get his attention, he is holding onto a choke after a guy is out which is potentially dangerous. There is a big difference between a little slap and a punch. Ref should have done better, fighter should NEVER have done that.