Guy just tried to carjack me on the highway

Long story short, I came across a single car accident on the highway and everybody was swerving around it. Dude hit a bunch of bushes that separates the highways.  I pulled over across the street and put my hazard lights on, and he came up and yelled at me to get out of my car. I thought somebody might be hurt so I got out, and he got in. He's a lot bigger than me and we are on the side of the highway. I'm not about to fight this guy. He told me to give him my keys, so I did. He tried to shift it into gear with my windshield wiper lever and snapped it in half. Got frustrated and panicked and ran into traffic trying to find another car to steal. This is at night. I got in my car and drove away, immediately calling the cops. Apparently, the dude caused an accident trying to stop cars and people were hurt. Guy gets a DUI, causes 2 or 3 other cars to crash after I got there, and he's got a carjacking charge. 

Wasn't that short but what an event. AMA I guess. 

Why did't you just haul ass with your keys? Did he have a weapon?

Think I would have taken off running before I got jacked like that.

So i gave him my keys 

You mispelled shot him in the face.

MagSlim -

Why did't you just haul ass with your keys? Did he have a weapon?

Think I would have taken off running before I got jacked like that.

Honestly, I thought about that afterward. I've got some health issues right now and I'm pretty frail and broken down. Not a big deal but I'm in no shape to really run or fight this guy. I'm not a slow guy though so maybe my adrenaline would have carried me a bit. It was also on the side of a busy highway which is waaaay far down on my list of places to get into a physical confrontation.

IgnorantDeadline -

So i gave him my keys 

You mispelled shot him in the face.

Haha, I have guns but after I have seen how this conflict ended, I'm glad I didn't have a gun on me. I would have had a way more intense evening. 

Do you not have any sort of weapon? Unless they've got a gun, fuck anybody trying to take my vehicle.

Glad it worked out for you though

Jihad To Steal My Goat Huh - Problem was that you stopped to begin with. Unless I saw the accident happen and it was bad or I drove upon the carnage and people are laying laying in the street I wouldn't stop. The world is too crazy.

I'm in a relatively small town, and I just wanted to make sure nobody needed an ambulance. There's more than just bushes and I didn't see the accident. 

ABCTT_SENNIN - Do you not have any sort of weapon? Unless they've got a gun, fuck anybody trying to take my vehicle.

I didn't have a weapon on me. I understand that's how you'd handle it, and that may be appropriate but I'm cool with how mine worked out and like I said, I really don't wanna fight a guy on the side of a busy highway. 

rat

Andrewsimar Palhardass -

Long story short, I came across a single car accident on the highway and everybody was swerving around it. Dude hit a bunch of bushes that separates the highways.  I pulled over across the street and put my hazard lights on, and he came up and yelled at me to get out of my car. I thought somebody might be hurt so I got out, and he got in. He's a lot bigger than me and we are on the side of the highway. I'm not about to fight this guy. He told me to give him my keys, so I did. He tried to shift it into gear with my windshield wiper lever and snapped it in half. Got frustrated and panicked and ran into traffic trying to find another car to steal. This is at night. I got in my car and drove away, immediately calling the cops. Apparently, the dude caused an accident trying to stop cars and people were hurt. Guy gets a DUI, causes 2 or 3 other cars to crash after I got there, and he's got a carjacking charge. 

Wtf!

Some random guy yelled at you and you grabbed your ankles?

Beta shit 1000

LogProducer -

rat

I originally called before he caused the accident. If there's a dude running through traffic trying to steal cars, that's a situation to call the cops. I was trying to prevent an accident, but I was too late. 

Hikikomori -
Andrewsimar Palhardass -

Wtf!

Some random guy yelled at you and you grabbed your ankles?

Beta shit 1000

You don't know what he looked like, where we were and what my current physical condition is. I'd give up my car for my life. Had it been on a city road it would have been a different reaction most likely.

Bro, seriously, had I known that was you...

"He told me to give him my keys, so I did. He tried to shift it into gear with my windshield wiper lever and snapped it in half."

Holy fucking shit OP...

The actual story and the nonchalant way in which you related it is one of the funniest fucking things Ive come across in a while.

Can we see what you look like?

What exactly did you say to the police and what was their response?

Silmiar thing happened to my brother a couple years ago. Only difference is that instead of giving him his keys he gave him a pistol to the side of the head. Crisis averted. 

FreightTrain - Bro, seriously, had I known that was you...

Bro not cool. My windshield wipers don't work now and it's raining. Super inconvenient.

PoiuPoiu - lol, good thing he only yelled for your keys.

if he would have yelled to suck his dick, your mouth would be sore and this story would be a lot gayer

Haha I may deserve that but I can safely say that's a line that I would not have crossed.

FreightTrain - "He told me to give him my keys, so I did. He tried to shift it into gear with my windshield wiper lever and snapped it in half."

Holy fucking shit OP...

The actual story and the nonchalant way in which you related it is one of the funniest fucking things Ive come across in a while.

Can we see what you look like?

What exactly did you say to the police and what was their response?

Haha.. well I would rather not post a pic on here, but to add context I am 120 lbs and chronically ill. Super emaciated. The guy had an easy 80 lbs on me. I know I sound like a quivering pussy in the story but I didn't have much choice. My body is in no shape to run or fight.

I told the cops the story as I told you guys. They weren't confused; likely because they saw the guy and they saw me. I wasn't freaked out or anything; stayed calm the whole time.

AnthonyWeiner - At least the guy who carjacked me when I was 17 was kind enough to pistol-whip me. I'd feel let down if he'd simply hopped in and said, "Give me yo keys". You didn't get the full carjacking experience, dude.

I'm cool with how mine turned out. I was able to get out of there before the guy caused a big accident with multiple injuries by trying to stop people in traffic. Had I stayed and fought, I could have gotten seriously hurt.