Guy on Twitch.tv gets raided by SWAT during stream

Apparently, someone called in a prank saying that there was a mass shooting in the office building where this kid works. He is a professional gamer and makes money from people watching him on twitch.tv...

blue please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8yLIOb2pU

Saw that earlier today. Fucking kids like to do this shit to streamers. The same type of kids who have been hitting psn, blizzard and lol.

Apparently, this happened to a few other streamers, and when the cops came and searched their house, they found a little bit of weed, and now theyre being charged with felonies... that is fucking unreal.

Holy shit man Phone Post 3.0

Vice documentary on Swatting

Why did they shut it down?

Is it procedure? 

It's called "Swating" and it's fucking gay as hell

while i understand the stress in the situation, that cop didnt need to stomp on a compliant mans neck the way he did.

VU for the VICE video.

Jhay - 

What is swatting? And what did this guy do wrong to have a swat team after him?

MoomBah - 
Jhay - 

Swatting is when someone calls the cops on you and they raid your house. 

They guy didn't do anything wrong. He was streaming on twitch and some troll watching swatted him.

scary situation for sure, but those fools that "swatted" him are most likely bolstering his channel with tons more views because of crazy shit like this

Literally blocks from my house. Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - scary situation for sure, but those fools that "swatted" him are most likely bolstering his channel with tons more views because of crazy shit like this

and theres the irony. they are butthurt their channels get no hits, swat dude, then boom he gets a shitload more watchers. i feel more for the dudes that get busted and have some bud then get proper fuct.

Phuckles - Literally blocks from my house. Phone Post 3.0

Was it you who called the cops?

TheSergeK - Apparently, this happened to a few other streamers, and when the cops came and searched their house, they found a little bit of weed, and now theyre being charged with felonies... that is fucking unreal.
That can't be real.

What kind of country do you live in where someone can make a totally made up call that results in the cops being allowed to search your house? Phone Post 3.0

cleophus -
Phuckles - Literally blocks from my house. Phone Post 3.0

Was it you who called the cops?

Ha no, but I was listening live on the scanner while it went down. Phone Post 3.0

cleophus - 
MoomBah - 
Jhay - 

They guy didn't do anything wrong. He was streaming on twitch and some troll watching swatted him.

So the 'troll' called the cops and said "such and such is a terrorist" and the swat team came? Thats fucked.

Any more news on this guy?

MoomBah -
cleophus - 
MoomBah - 
Jhay - 

So the 'troll' called the cops and said "such and such is a terrorist" and the swat team came? Thats fucked.

Any more news on this guy?
I don't think the swatting claim is confirmed. Local News was reporting a local landline was used. So they could have spoofed the phone line somehow but how did they know where this guy was physically located in order to send the cops directly to his door? Phone Post 3.0