Guys gimme some b'fast ideas please!!

What's up fellas. Im trying to lose a few lbs and I feel that I can eat pretty well when I do diet.

I enjoy cooking and have an overall good idea of whats healthy and whats not except..when it comes to breakfast.

Two things come to mind when I think losing weight and breakfast: eggs(mostly whites) and oatmeal.

I rarely have the time to make oatmeal, im also assuming the instants arent as good for you as regular cook on the stove oatmeal, although I could be wrong.

And egg whites just get boring.

What you do trim s.o.b's eat for breakfast.

Am I totally ruining myself if I have a bagel in the morning, which prior to this weekend is normally my breakfast on the way to work.

For breakfast, I eat carbs and protein, minimal fats. I can cook, but usually don't unless it's my day off and I'm cooking for someone else.

I pretty much always have a protein shake first thing when I wake up 35-60g protein, depending on what else I'm eating, how full I am, and how much time I have. I'll wash down some fishoil with the shake.

EX: 35g protein shake (1 scoop + 10oz skim milk) OR chicken breasts dipped in BBQ/ frank's red hot, and some eggo fiber waffles with sugar free syrup, or some protein pancakes, or a turkey/sub sandwich, or left over pizza (pizza isnt ideal...but a lot better than some traditional options), or the oatmeal, or a bottle of lowfat kefir, or an apple (if I was gorging late on junkfood or out drinking/eating the night before and still have a semi-full stomach, I'll opt for the apple). If I eat eggs, I always eat them whole for the choline and lecithin content. Bottom line is pick a fiberous carb source and a lean protein source.

I wouldn't have bagels outside of post workout nutrition until I had my weight under control-they are a very dense, high GI carb source. Great though if you have an active lifestyle and can use the calories/glycogen replenishment...

I don't know why some people are hell bent on sticking with "breakfast foods" - there is absolutely nothing wrong with having lean steak or chicken and veggies in the morning. Most traditional breakfast food is garbage health-wise anyways.

Take home points:

-Lean protein is GOOD for body composition. It promotes sateity, and has a high thermic effect.

-Most traditional breafasts consist of high carbs high fat minimal protein...which is horrendous for body comp. Hyperinsulinemia + high FFA levels = Mucho fat storage, and does little to put your body in an anabolic state (which is especially bad, if you have an active lifestyle).

-There is no reason you HAVE to eat breakfast foods like coffee and danish, oatmeal, scrambled eggs or waffles... if you know how to prepare healthy lunch/dinner options then go ahead and have them for breakfast.

Wtf and you guys are lean from eating pastries, cheerios and waffles.

I do that already and its not working lol.

UNCLE SAM CEREAL: This high fiber cereal is a unique blend of toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flaxseed. Each bowl is loaded with powerful, heart healthy ALA Omega-3's from flaxseed, is high fiber, low sodium and low sugar (with less than 1g sugars).

http://www.usmillsllc.com/usmills/productview_description.php?id=124

I add ground flaxseed and raisins.

Two cups of organic oatmeal with 3 eggs cooked over easy.

Mix it all together in a bowl with a tablespoon of honey.

Y U M !

That actually sounds pretty good badmonkey.

Frosted mini wheats(only FIVE mg of sodium per serving That is outstanding!)

pre-cooked turkey sausage patties w/egg beaters(just microbeam it all up)

Scrambled eggs w/avocado slices(add garlic salt too)

BTW,Monkey,people who combine oatmeal w/eggs are disgusting.

I heard through MensHealth that regular bacon is better than the turkey.

Think it holds the same for sausage?

Oatmeal has been unwittingly stuck in the breakfast category for far too long.

Natural oatmeal that is unflavored might as well be treated like rice.

I've mixed a cup or two into my tuna/egg salad and loved it.

"Two cups of organic oatmeal with 3 eggs cooked over easy.
Mix it all together in a bowl with a tablespoon of honey."

If the egg white is firm and the yolk is runny there is almost nothing better!

That's roughly 600 calories of

40 -5O carbs from oatmeal (8-10 grams of fiber)

20 carbs from honey(my tablespoons flow over, so maybe 30 :-)

26 grams of protein from eggs and oatmeal.

21 grams of fat from eggs and oatmeal.

It's the perfect breakfast!

Here are a couple of simple Oatmeal dishes that I ised to eat every day.

2 cups Oatmeal (cooked)

1 Banana

1/2 cup Pineapple

1 Tbsp Walnuts

2 cups Oatmeal (cooked)

1 Banana

1/2 cup Blueberries

1 Tbsp Walnuts

If you want more protein:

1. Add egg-whites to oatmeal

2. Add por-powder to oatmeal

3. Have a pro shake a little later

4. Have what ever protein you enjoy with it or a little later

TAKU T.N.T.

I've been eating this for breakfast lately cause I'm sick of pretty much everything else.
These are approx:

1 cup raw oats
4-5 tbsp fat free/unsweetened yogurt
12 almonds cut up
20 dried cranberries
5 drops concentrated stevia
can add blueberries, strawberries, whatever else.
cinnamon to taste

Mix and let sit a couple of mins so yogurt softens up the oats and eat.

Ok seems like oatmeal's a popular dish. Are the instant packets the same?

flax oatmeal... egg white omlette with a little salsa on top.

gets my dady going

I get the quaker oats.

best breakfast ever:

Put uncooked oatmeal into a blender and turn it on, the blades will dice the oatmeal into dust

add your favorite protein (muscle milk best taste)

add whatever berries, fruits, peanut butter, flax oil you want

add milk or soy milk or water

this breakfast takes about 5 minutes to make and eat, it's extremely healthy and is around $1.50 to $3.00 per serving

how is oatmeal and an egg white omeltte to seriously?

milk and cereal really have not nutrtion unless its a healthy cereal. but if your trainin day in and day out its not ideal. you need fuel

elgringo - best breakfast ever:

Put uncooked oatmeal into a blender and turn it on, the blades will dice the oatmeal into dust

add your favorite protein (muscle milk best taste)

add whatever berries, fruits, peanut butter, flax oil you want

add milk or soy milk or water

this breakfast takes about 5 minutes to make and eat, it's extremely healthy and is around $1.50 to $3.00 per serving

That takes you FIVE minutes?

Are those magical grits el gringo????

gatovolador - And my third of a box of cereal + milk takes maybe 20 seconds, and then about 50 seconds to eat. If I can muster up the energy to walk over and grab a banana, that motherfucker lasts maybe 15 seconds.

Man for a coke user you sure are lazy!

voorhees - 

That takes you FIVE minutes?

It takes even less sometimes.

There is a video of BJ Penn making the same exact breakfast and it takes him no more than 5 minutes, and he even gassed while doing it

I eat oatmeal made with low fat milk 5 days a week I usually throw in 1/2 pack of acai.The taste is an acquired one,but it is good for a morning of sustained energy.Saturday I will make 3 whole eggs with a little mexican cheese and some salsa
wrapped up in a couple of flour tortilla's.
Sunday morning depending of what my plans are I may have a couple of blueberry muffins and a cup of coffee.