Guys with metal detectors at the beach

I'd feel like such a goober doing that.  Saw some middle aged guy doing it today and he stopped right in front of me and started digging.  He picked something up after digging it out, but didn't have a very happy expression on his face so it might have just been a nickel or something.

What a goober.

sounds like a huge goober to me

Next time you see one say "nice outfit goober, yeah, thats why you got DROPPED" Phone Post

Meh.

They don't bother me...

it might not look cool, but some of those guys find interesting stuff.

I think it would be interesting somewhere like Charleston, SC which has war and pirate history.

I have been considering getting one. Phone Post

forrestfan - it might not look cool, but some of those guys find interesting stuff.

I think it would be interesting somewhere like Charleston, SC which has war and pirate history.

Yeah, as you may know, that's where I live.

Good for them if they find cool stuff.  Just like I said I'd feel like a goober.  I'm not saying it'd bother me looking like a goober.  I'm sure the guy knows he looks like a goober but he don't care.

That is like the anti-poon of hobbies

Fucking goobers Phone Post

Just the other day

"Spectacular' Roman treasure found in Sandridge was discovered by first-time metal detector" Phone Post 3.0

Saw a guy doing this last week and thought exactly the same.

Maybe he'll recover (and flog off) enough lost rings, bracelets and chains to pay for the capital outlay on the metal detector.

Last summer, I found a diamond wedding ring chilling in the sand.

Everytime I go to the beach I joke about founding lost treasures, and I was just walking and saw the little bit of the band sticking out, said no fucking way.

Sure enough $$$$.

Mookie Blaylock - Yeah, as you may know, that's where I live.

I did not know that, just seemed like a place with good history.

forrestfan - 
Mookie Blaylock - Yeah, as you may know, that's where I live.

I did not know that, just seemed like a place with good history.

You're probably the guy I saw today!

I've wanted one since I was a kid.

Thankfully I'm smart enough to recognize it would flag me as a creepy weirdo and have always resisted buying one. Phone Post 3.0

All kinds of shit gets lost at the beach. Imagine they score there. Phone Post 3.0

i sorta wanna start doing it since my gf wants a ring :)

Next time you see the goober, tell him, "You a gump ass bitch, dukie".

At Sullivan's Island, right?

at some point it's not important what people think of you. Walking on the beach in the morning doesn't sound too bad, especially if you find cool stuff sometimes. You should ask them what interesting stuff they've found.

I've seen threads where people found crazy shit in their own yards.

My friend does that and found a gold piece (coin). Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan - 

At Sullivan's Island, right?

at some point it's not important what people think of you. Walking on the beach in the morning doesn't sound too bad, especially if you find cool stuff sometimes. You should ask them what interesting stuff they've found.

I've seen threads where people found crazy shit in their own yards.

lol yep.  it was you!  what'd you find?