Gyms in/near Olympia, Washington?

Seattle to Olympia is closer to an hour drive and that's without traffic.

um kerts, 25 minute drive from Oly to Seattle? Are you using the clutch?

It depends on what she wants to learn.

Travis' Kickboxing in Centralia (about 20-30 minutes south of Olympia) is run by former world ranked ISKA kickboxer, and Mo Smith student, Travis Doerge.

Victory Athletics is a great place for her to learn submission grappling and a little kickboxing. It's pretty much right next to Evergreen State College, too. THe material is great, but I hear the work ethic leaves a little to be desired. There are currently two really good females training there. One of them, Ginnelle "G-Spot" Marquez, submitted Keri Crothers in March. Lisa Ward is a highly decorated wrestler that trains with Victory.

As for Brian Johnson...I hear his school is nice...but I also heard that Hallman's guys (Joey Guel and Trevor Michaelis) taught him everything he knows about how to kickbox and now they claim that his classes are more aerobic than functional. Look into that before signing his contract.

"um kerts, 25 minute drive from Oly to Seattle? Are you using the clutch?"

call me optomistic! :)

In Oly Victory Athletics is the way to go for mma.

Besides Olympia and Seattle, there is Marcelo Alonso's gym in Tacoma which is not really far from Olympia. It's a very cool place. They have a MMA team as well, are very friendly and it is cheap. I am training there only on Saturdays when they have their open mat, and I have yet to be charged the $10 fee for the drop in. They never accepted my payments! I guess they just like to choke me out. :)

A very good purple belt from Marcelo's was supposed to open a gym in Olympia, I will ask tomorrow if I see him.
Probably the best gym I've been to in the Northwest. No ego, very technical and friendly members. I haven't tried Dennis Hallman's but I am sure it is the same.

KickU2.

ttt