H?w ar? thoše cheap Trader Joes bottles of wine?

I think a bottle is 3 dollars.  I believe they used to be 2 dollars?

Are they okay?  

I may try some this evening while I watch Roots.  

Did anyone watch Roots?

How is that wine?  Is it worth splurging for something higher quality or is 3 dollars a good deal?  Is it a decent wine?

-top p4p poster

What do the Nasty Boys have against Warren Moon?

Does the beef go way back? Phone Post 3.0

taste the about the same yellow tail or other cheap wine. Get some tamales while you're there. Phone Post 3.0

Region Rat - taste the about the same yellow tail or other cheap wine. Get some tamales while you're there. Phone Post 3.0

I love hot tamales.  One of the best candies. 

3 buck chuck is dope.

Tastes the same as any other wine.

McBottery -

3 buck chuck is dope.

Tastes the same as any other wine.

Sexcellent. 

Also buy a case instead of a bottle.  There is no further discount, but then you have 12 bottles of wine instead of just 1.

And you know what they say, a bottle of wine a day keeps the doctor away.

Sexcellent.  

Good posts, y'all.  

Z NEDCMK1 - 

If you ignore the novelty of the low price you will realize it is dogshit.

If you were to put it in a different bottle and sell it for $15, no one would be able to tell the difference.

They did some experiments a while back in which they proved that even so called professional wine experts couldn't tell the difference between expensive wines and cheap wines, as long as they were legitimate wines and not ghetto shit like Boonesfarm.  

Many of them couldn't even tell the difference between red and white wines.  They took some white wines and put food coloring in them so they'd look the same as the red wine and a bunch of the experts couldn't tell them apart from real red wines.

The wine industry is nothing more than a bunch of psychological cork sniffery (literally and figuratively.

The bottom line is there are good cheap wines and bad cheap wines, good expensive wines and bad expensive wines.     The price isn't going to determine whether you like it or not. 

Mookie 3:16 -
Region Rat - taste the about the same yellow tail or other cheap wine. Get some tamales while you're there. Phone Post 3.0

I love hot tamales.  One of the best candies. 

Why you.... Phone Post 3.0

IM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION

Fuck the bottles and here's why:

The boxes are where it's at. There's only 2 choices as far as type (both red). It's the equivalent of 4 bottles and is quite compact. It's also a drab brown color with purple writing, so it blends in wherever you put it.

It's basically like having a keg of wine on your counter.

You're welcome.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56db6bdc20c647a2ce51b009/56db91cf06dcb7301b2c4c3a/56db91e106dcb7301b2c4cc1/1459214735846/?format=2500w

angryinch -
Z NEDCMK1 - 

If you were to put it in a different bottle and sell it for $15, no one would be able to tell the difference.

They did some experiments a while back in which they proved that even so called professional wine experts couldn't tell the difference between expensive wines and cheap wines, as long as they were legitimate wines and not ghetto shit like Boonesfarm.  

Many of them couldn't even tell the difference between red and white wines.  They took some white wines and put food coloring in them so they'd look the same as the red wine and a bunch of the experts couldn't tell them apart from real red wines.

The wine industry is nothing more than a bunch of psychological cork sniffery (literally and figuratively.

The bottom line is there are good cheap wines and bad cheap wines, good expensive wines and bad expensive wines.     The price isn't going to determine whether you like it or not. 

I'm not enough of a wine drinker to be sure about this, but I think what they are referring to as inexpensive is $15-20 bottles. Not sure if the really cheap stuff is same standard as that.

I am all about the $10 local stuff, myself.

Z NEDCMK1 - 
angryinch -
Z NEDCMK1 - 

$3 chuck is a bad inexpensive wine.

No worse than the $5 bottles at a regular grocery store.  

Everyone on this thread should go read this article.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

In 2011 Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist (and former professional magician) at Hertfordshire University invited 578 people to comment on a range of red and white wines, varying from £3.49 for a claret to £30 for champagne, and tasted blind.

People could tell the difference between wines under £5 and those above £10 only 53% of the time for whites and only 47% of the time for reds. Overall they would have been just as a successful flipping a coin to guess.

Z NEDCMK1 - 
angryinch -
Z NEDCMK1 - 
angryinch -
Z NEDCMK1 - 

$3 chuck is a bad inexpensive wine.

No worse than the $5 bottles at a regular grocery store.  

Save yourself the money AI and just buy the 5l box of franzia if you like $3 chuck.

Again, http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

I'm not telling myself anything.  The research and experiments support what I'm saying.  If you don't like a particular wine, that's fine, but the price has nothing to do with it.