Hacran Dias Out of UFC on FX 6 Fight with Mendes

It never stops.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/hacran-dias-out-at-ufc-on-fx-6-promotion-seeking-new-opponent-for-chad-mende

Nova Uniao fighter Hacran Dias (21-1-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has been forced out of next week's UFC on FX 6 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the fighter that Dias suffered an undisclosed injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from his planned appearance.

UFC officials have yet to announce the change, but sources close to the event indicated a search for a replacement opponent for Chad Mendes (12-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is currently underway.

Featuring a headliner of Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos and the final fights of "TUF: Smashes," UFC on FX 6 takes place Dec. 15 at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Australia. The event's main card airs live on FX (on Dec. 14 in the U.S. due to the time difference) following prelims on FUEL TV.

Mendes fought most recently at this past July's UFC 148 event and delivered a vicious body shot to Cody McKenzie that brought him a 31-second TKO. It was the Team Alpha Male fighter's first appearance since a KO loss to current featherweight champ Jose Aldo at UFC 142, which was the first setback of Mendes' career. He went unbeaten in four fights for the now-defunct WEC and was 2-0 in the octagon before meeting Aldo.

these injuries are out of control.... 1 week notice to fight Mendes...

God damn it, God damn it, GOD DAMN IT. Phone Post

So 2 fighters have pulled out today...

Maybe its a good thing, some thought this was too big a step up for Hacran.

Maybe you either get a quick replacement for Mendes or you pull him from the card and he fights one of the top FW next. Lamas, Cub, Koch, Zombie, Siver/Nam winner, Guida/Hioki winner.

What's Cody mckenzie doing? Phone Post

Wow, this shit is getting old

Jsteven - 

What's Cody mckenzie doing? Phone Post

Leonard Garcia i think

Melendez?

Pancake Syrup -
Jsteven -  What's Cody mckenzie doing? Phone Post

Leonard Garcia i think

Disgusting. Phone Post

Fuck I was really looking forward to that fight.. Phone Post

I hear Cyborg is looking for a fight at 145.

burner22 - Fuck I was really looking forward to that fight.. Phone Post

Yep me too Phone Post

Chad Mendes vs Rani Yahya II

I don't know how much any of these guys cut, or how much they stay in shape when not getting ready for a fight....

But Darren Elkins(fought almost a month ago, 4-0 at 145), Diego Brandao(fought 2 months ago, 2-1 at 145 and scrappy as fuck) , or someone like Gamburyan or Nunes could all be potential opponents. All are fights that I'd like to see Phone Post

Yahya has to still be recovering from the beating Rad Martinez gave him.

---------------

This IS a huge opportunity, someone will step up.

Slap Maxwell - Yahya has to still be recovering from the beating Rad Martinez gave him.

---------------

?

Rad Martinez fought Yahya? When was this? Yahya is coming off a win over Grispi.

You sure you arent thinking about Fabiano?

Chris27 - 
Slap Maxwell - Yahya has to still be recovering from the beating Rad Martinez gave him.

---------------

?

Rad Martinez fought Yahya? When was this? Yahya is coming off a win over Grispi.

You sure you arent thinking about Fabiano?

Lol, my bad. I got them confused and actually was coming back to change that...

BTW, good luck to Rad tonight!

-----------------

Was his loss to Mendes close? I don't remember at all.
<br /

Salokcin69 - 
Pancake Syrup -
Jsteven -  What's Cody mckenzie doing? Phone Post

Leonard Garcia i think

Disgusting. Phone Post

lol vu for beating me to the joke.

Rumor is Yaotzin Meza from the MMA Lab is stepping in. I'm glad to hear Yaddi gets his break.