Had the most fun noob ever in class last night

On the regular-good side, guy was a great athlete, all-planet basketball player or someting like that, worked hard, etc.

On the funny-good side...first thing he says (as fast as possible with no breathing breaks lol) is "Dude I just got done watching 'Bully Beatdown' and I was like 'Dude that's fuckin awesome I gotta go to the gym!' So here I am!"

Accidental low blow during sparring, coach says "Don't get any blood on the carpet over there" (as in, coughing it up). Noob says "Oh no dude, your balls are bleeding? Holy crap!"

To top it all off, guy was constantly doing push-ups and sit-ups during breaks. He said "Man I'm just trying to get in shape, so I pretty much just do push-ups all the time no matter what."

Every once in a while you get lucky!

Prediction; if that guy sticks to it he will be killing everybody in the gym by this time next year. Athelete + work ethic + a touch of crazy = MONSTER. Respec'.

If he is already a great athlete, jumped straight in to sparring and is that keen as well as being a good guy then you just got a good team mate.

LoiseauElbow - If he is already a great athlete, jumped straight in to sparring and is that keen as well as being a good guy then you just got a good team mate.

Yeah, guy was real strong, worked his ass off, and had a good attitude. I hope he sticks with it.

lol..

Bully Beatdown bringing the next world champ to MMA

Nothing wrong with that. Of course most BJJers are lazy and out of shape

"To top it all off, guy was constantly doing push-ups and sit-ups during breaks. He said "Man I'm just trying to get in shape, so I pretty much just do push-ups all the time no matter what."

What a total moron retard asshole!

Sorry, just trying to play devil's advocate here. Sounds like a good student.

beetlejewse - is it common for gyms to let new guys just walk in and start sparring?

No not common. Though you take it on a student by student basis. I don't let new students even roll full speed until their second class. 

beetlejewse - is it common for gyms to let new guys just walk in and start sparring?

It was someone else who got kicked in the nuts. He did get a couple rounds in though, with the more experienced guys who could help him out rather than just turning it into a street fight with gloves on.

MuchRespec' - Prediction; if that guy sticks to it he will be killing everybody in the gym by this time next year. Athelete + work ethic + a touch of crazy = MONSTER. Respec'.

This.

Sounds like a damn good training partner.

ttt

No noobs get to spar on the first day.

good story though.  NOT

An athetic, well-conditioned, grown ass man can't do supervised, controlled sparring with an experienced partner. Well, I guess that's okay...

FOR WIMPS!

Crush Crawfish - An athetic, well-conditioned, grown ass man can't do supervised, controlled sparring with an experienced partner. Well, I guess that's okay...

FOR WIMPS!
they can.  at the shitty schools