Hagar Van Halen is better than Roth Van Halen

Only your fathers and grandfathers would choose Roth over Hagar.

And Extreme Van Halen never happened.

Hagar is a better singer than Roth.

Roth era VH was better than Hagar era VH.  

Simple as that. 

As a guitarist, I preferred Eddies playing w/Sammy (after Ted Templeman left as producer) to his playing with Roth so I guess I'm more a fan of the Sammy days. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 

Hagar is a better singer than Roth.

Roth era VH was better than Hagar era VH.  

Simple as that. 

I will agree that musically VH was way more fun with Roth.  I can listen to "Hot For Teacher" on repeat for days, brah.  But I have also started to love the more grown-up sound of the band with Hagar, and he is a far superior singer.  Plus, he can't drive 55.

Van Halen one and two were the best VH albums by a good margin.

I wore my 1980 Invasion baseball style shirt till it fell off me in shreds.

I never got the appeal of Roth.

HOW DARE YOU OP!

I guess I am my father / grandfather.  

I loved Sammy Hagar's early solo career.  I loved the first 5 VH records.  Back in the early 80's, there was no live band quite like Van Halen with DLR.  But I never much enjoyed Van Halen after DLR left.  I never really enjoyed DLR's solo stuff after VH either. 

David Lee Roth ... all day - - - all night.

End of story

Morgz - 

HOW DARE YOU OP!

I loved Sammy Hagar's early solo career.  I loved the first 5 VH records.  Back in the early 80's, there was no live band quite like Van Halen with DLR.  But I never much enjoyed Van Halen after DLR left.  I never really enjoyed DLR's solo stuff after VH either. 

I think I just watched you complain about not getting your senior discount on coffee at Bojangles, brah :P

I keed, I keed.  I love VH.  But the Roth records were essentially 70-minute Eddie guitar solos, with Roth acting like an idiot in front of him.  If they re-released some of those tracks as instrumentals I'd be blasting that shit while I worked out.  But with Hagar they definitely felt more like a serious band.

adjusts hipster hat

That's because your father and your grandfather have more wisdom then your dumb millenial ass. Phone Post 3.0

Kevin Shannon - David Lee Roth ... all day - - - all night.

End of story

Yep

JJitsu - That's because your father and your grandfather have more wisdom then your dumb millenial ass. Phone Post 3.0

For making such a rude and arrogant post in what was a fun thread, I will only offer this rebuttal.

You misspelled "millennial" and used the word "your" three times in one sentence.  The second use of "your" is not needed, as the first covers both my father and grandfather.  Please try to be nicer, or at least smarten up a bit if you're going to try to talk down to me.

people don't realize how huge VH was with DLR in the 80's...they OWNED MTV and Rock radio for like 5 years straight until the GNR-Metallica-Grunge era Phone Post 3.0

David Lee Roth > Van Hager.

David Lee Roth is one of the most badass frontmen ever, Hager is average at best. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - 
Morgz - 

HOW DARE YOU OP!

I think I just watched you complain about not getting your senior discount on coffee at Bojangles, brah :P

I keed, I keed.  I love VH.  But the Roth records were essentially 70-minute Eddie guitar solos, with Roth acting like an idiot in front of him.  If they re-released some of those tracks as instrumentals I'd be blasting that shit while I worked out.  But with Hagar they definitely felt more like a serious band.

adjusts hipster hat

Crazy talk!

This is all you should be blasting into your headphones at the gym:

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/music/dlr/2

Morgz - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Morgz - 

HOW DARE YOU OP!

adjusts hipster hat

Crazy talk!

This is all you should be blasting into your headphones at the gym:

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/music/dlr/2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh holy shit.  I've got to start using that when the wife is yapping at me.  If I could VTFU twice in one day I would, brah.

shut up, stupid

LOL there are two or three of those soundboards floating around.  That one is my favorite