Hagler vs. Hearns

Hearns was always entertaining b/c he had tremendous KO power combined with a very suspect chin.

"Was Hagler ever knocked down, or even rocked, in his entire career?"

The only time Hagler was hurt in the ring was against Hearns in the first round. Tommy cracked him with an absolute BOMB that caused Hagler to tie him up. It was the same type of punch that KTFO out guys like James Shuler. All Hagler needed was a few seconds to clear his head and then he was back to pounding the hell out of Hearns.

The knockdown against Roldan was a half-punch, half-pull down and should not have been ruled a knockdown IMO.

Hagler was great he got robbed against Leonard.

Leonard beat Haglar fairly squarely but both great fighters and all time greats

Terrific fight, non stop action, Hagler is one of my all time favourites, if you havent seen that fight.....watch it!

Hagler slipped against Roldan!! A blatant slip!! Nobody could knock hagler down!! He was 90% animal!!
I met him at a dinner 10 years ago and he is the coolest guy you could meet!! He lives in Milan for the last 20 yearsd and goes to all the soccer matches in the San Siro!! Alsways has a drink with the Bums who drink outside the ground!!!
A fuckin deadly fella!!!

Hagler will readily admit that the hardest he was hit was by an uppercut by John "the beast" Mugabi in trhe tenth round of their fight!! He was litterally lifted off the canvass!!! He came out for the 11th and knocked Mugabi out!!! The bonly thing that could stop Hagler was a shot-gun!!!

Hagler got totally robbed against Leonard!! Leonard was the first boxer to do all the flashy shit in the last ten seconds to nick the rounds!! Thats the only reason he won!! Hagler won the fight on workrate alone!! It was a shadow of the real Marvin but he still won the fight!!

Lennysir you speak the truth my friend!! Everyone thought Ray was going to be killed against hagler and the judges obviously were blinkered by the fact that ray was doing actually ok against marvin!!!
That fight is right up there in my list of worst decisions in boxing history!!

Marvelous

i saw an interview w Leanard and he said he never said Haglar won He said ur still the champ

Hagler is the greatest. I followed his career fairly closely, and the knockdown in the Roldan fight was nothing. The ONLY time in his career Hagler was ever in trouble was in the first round with Hearns, but we all know how that turned out. IMHO, Hagler gets snubbed a lot when people talk about the greatest of all time. He should at least be considered among them. He was the fuc$kin' sh!it!!!!!!

"Hagler got seriously screwed in that Leonard fight."

Isn't that the reason he retired? He said something about it on tv not too long ago. It soured him to boxing.

Maybe my favorite fight ever, just sent that to everyone I know! Thanks for the link.

I must have seen that fight 10 times on Wide World of Sports...never gets old.