Half Guard Arm & Head Guillotine

Really good stuff Stephan. Can't wait to see the video!

ttt

ttt

TTT for levo or stephan, I am having success with a certain type of leg/knee positioning, but am curious to hear what you all are using...

omo -

BB john donaher and one of his private students (was a purple when i trained with him, might be a brown) - can pull off that choke on just about anyone anytime -

it can and does work

Don't think the "adjustments" are of that much interest. We were just playing around with stuff like how to control before switching to the "genie", how deep to grip with the first arm, where to put his head etc. It's probably all been posted already, I only skimmed the start of the thread to get the basic idea after a student told me about it. Did finish it in a few different ways though, sitting to half guard was cool but I also liked driving him to his side (kinda like Randy in the last UFC) and stepping over him and a couple of times when he was resisting a lot I made to roll him over his head and when his butt started to go up I hooked his leg and rolled with him on to our sides or almost right on top. Most important thing I ever learned with the head & arm chokes is that they rarely go on very quickly, it's a slower move, you have to hold them for a bit, constantly tightening and keeping the pressure on.

Nathan

ttt

Cool, Nate, thanks for posting that.

good stuff

Still good stuff.

True sreiter,
about John Danaher and some of his guys....I trained with Renzo for a
while and the guillotines up there are incredible. I was there one night
when John & Renzo were going over so many variations I couldn't believe
it.

Looks like we're on the cutting edge here folks: at a recent Chris Brennan seminar he showed this same technique, calling it the 'compression chamber'. He jumped to half guard a little differently (he ran around to the side of the trapped arm, and then leapt in with his knee coming between his opponent's arm and leg), which was a tweak I really liked.

I'm sure we came up with our variations independently, showing that great minds do think alike.

You can also do it from the back position

Start with a "reverse" harness position

Then move into half guard and you'll be able to snag it

One of my favorite

ttt for later