Hall vs Muniz is a very strange choice for early prelim's headliner tomorrow

Hear me out. If UFC usually tries to put one of the best fights of the night as the early prelims headliner then they have done a great job here but thats not usually what they do with that spot on the card, not these days.

With Hall you have a guy who beat Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman in his last two wins and only has the loss to Strickland since those wins.

With Muniz you got a guy who is 6-0 in the UFC with his past three wins via armbar, the last two vs some guy they call Jacare and Eryk Anders.

Great fight. Strange its on the early prelims unless they are trying to start putting a good fight as the early prelim headliner to increase ratings of that portion of the card like they did when Fight Pass first came out.

1 Like

Muniz taps out Hall in the first round…

Don’t forget about the beating that Costa put on Hall…

I actually did forget all about that, over two decades of watching fights will do that to you I guess.

Hall is at least 4-1 since then.

True. Muniz is probably next in line after the Strickland-Pereira winner. He should be promoted better.

That’s the one mate. Aren’t they on ABC?

Just trying to put eyes on this portion of the card

Nope. The early prelims are not on ABC. Just the 2nd set of prelims that starts at 8 pm ET.

The Du Plessis fight opens the ABC show, followed by the Garry fight, then Cowboy fight and the Riddell fight is the ABC headliner.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/events/ufc-276

1 Like

Copy that. I can see what you mean. It’s low on the card for two really good fighters.

I have seen it before though and I can imagine them getting compensated for it to try and get ppl to watch those prelims. I am only guessing though - have no evidence for this at all