Halle Berry has made an MMA movie!

Directing in it, and starring it, and it’s made together with UFC and Invicta.

Halle Berry put her blood, sweat, and tears (literally) into her MMA film, and she can’t wait to share it with the world.

The iconic actress announced that her film, “Bruised,” will stream on screens worldwide on Thursday, August 5. Not only does Berry star as a fighter in the film, but it is her directorial debut. She shared a few behind-the-scenes snaps of herself and cinematographer Frankie DeMarco in the cage planning out some scenes. It is really cool to see Halle all decked out in MMA gear! She gave a special shoutout to the UFC and professed her love for the brutal yet beautiful sport.’

It’s a movie about a woman who once had a promising MMA career, she was going up the ranks of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), and then something unthinkable happened that derailed her career, and we find her five years later, and she has to make her way back. It’s a movie I’m extremely passionate about. It has a wonderful message. I think it’s a message that women need to hear,” she told Entertainment Weekly.

Berry isn’t just pretending to be a fighter; she full-on submersed herself in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. So much so that she experienced a real taste of the trials and tribulations of the professionals, including a scary trip to the hospital. She was injured on set while filming in New Jersey in November of 2019. The production was stalled while Halle recovered, but it wasn’t revealed what exactly happened.

“Halle got slightly injured in the fight,” Brian Pitt , the executive producer of “Bruised”, told NJ Advance Media at the time. “She’s tired. She needed a break.”

1 Like

Isnt she like 60 years old?

5 Likes

Id still have zero reservations about passionately making out with her asshole

• Marisa Tomei from The Wrestler would get it too
11 Likes

She’s 54

1 Like

I need to get on whatever fountain of youth drug she is on.

2 Likes

I didn’t know the UFC had a women’s division in 1985.

5 Likes

To keep everything realistic the movie’s fight scenes will be filled with kiai screams followed by air punching to the clinch and then a swift hip toss.

8 Likes

Who is playing her wife?

6 Likes

It’s called being black

3 Likes

Hip toss to opponent getting full backmount with both hooks in or it’s not real WMMA.

4 Likes

I hate all these actor wannabees that think they can direct too.

1 Like

Are you calling Halle Berry an “actor wannabe?” Shes won an oscar, lol

2 Likes

1 Like

I think Tom Cruise and Paul Rudd are on it too

1 Like

When I think tough and bad ass women, I think Hale Berry.

Can’t wait.

1 Like

There’s a Nick Newell movie out too. It looks a little b movieish but decent.

8 Likes

She seems very, very physically fit for this role.

I wonder how the hell they will make her look competitive against Valentina without dumbing it down to unwatchable.