Halloween Decoration - dayum, what do you think?

Here is the story from some news station in Oklamoma.

MORNING TALKER: A Halloween prank in Oklahoma put neighbors in a panic. A man decided to get “gruesome” this Halloween with his decorations. They feature gravesites and ghosts up in a tree in his yard, but the real shocker is the fake dead body in the driveway. The dead body is placed in such a way that it looks like the garage door crushed its head. The fake body even prompted a 911 call in which police and firefighters responded. The man was told he wasn’t breaking any laws and will continue to keep the phony body in place. In fact, he added another body that appears to have been run over by a truck. Tell us your thoughts on this. Do you think he went too far with his decorations? Let us know. — with Anjel Hernandez.

Personally, I love it. Very creative and super well done, but if my seven year-old daughter walked outside our door and saw this at a neighbors house on her way to school and came screaming back home traumatized to fuck, I would likely have an issue with it. It's one of those things to me, that it is great as long as it is someone else's kids getting fucked up over it and not mine.

OG night shift did not give enough of a fuck to discuss their thoughts. Day shift?

Pretty funny, I think. As long as he has other decorations up so that it's obvious it's part of his Halloween setup, there shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have a problem with it per se, it's entertainingly macabre, but it could definitely pose some problems based on how realistic it looks.  

Perfect distraction for the actual dead bodies inside. Phone Post

Awesome!

I think the dude needs to put up a disclaimer. He's frightening the no-common-sense crowd.

Kmonk - Pretty funny, I think. As long as he has other decorations up so that it's obvious it's part of his Halloween setup, there shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed. As long as there are other decorations, maybe some pumpkins near them then its ok. If it was just a bare house with fake blood and the bodies, then it gets iffy. Its funny that parents would complain about this when I've seen houses with Ultra gore skeletons with intestines hanging out.

Don't see what that has to do with Halloween. Some people take the horror thing too far.

Hocky Balboa - 

No doubt..........it gives him the perfect cover for dragging his wife's body out of the house next week. he won't even have to disguise that shit as he is tossing her into the trunk of the car - waves to neighbor, "Oh, hi Jerry, just cleaning up. Looks like it's gonna be another beautiful day, huh."

that is some epic level attention whoring

pretty awesome. But sorta of poor taste, might mess some little kids up a little. (bitch ass kids, yes, but a gore/murder scene is a little loud) Personally, I'd have no problem with it in my neighborhood, but I understand if someone would.

the foot position on the rear one is accurate

sgotwalks -
Hocky Balboa - 

No doubt..........it gives him the perfect cover for dragging his wife's body out of the house next week. he won't even have to disguise that shit as he is tossing her into the trunk of the car - waves to neighbor, "Oh, hi Jerry, just cleaning up. Looks like it's gonna be another beautiful day, huh."

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0

NeonGreenHares -

Don't see what that has to do with Halloween. Some people take the horror thing too far.

Agree theres nothing about it that screams Halloween Phone Post 3.0

First off, I think whoever called 911 knew it was a decoration but did so because they wanted to raise a stink about it.  I can totally see someone being startled, but even the dumbest person out there would at least glance at the surrounding decorations and figure it out. 

That said, I agree that I'd probably feel differently if my imaginary child came home terrified over it.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and there was a house or two where someone would sit in the yard or by the door dressed up to look like a dummy and then would jump out at the kids as they walked by.  The guy would do it pretty much regardless of the childrens' age or gender, and to a 5 year old little princess or whatever, that's absolutely scary enough to put you off the idea of trick-or-treating for the rest of that evening.

40oztofreedom - 
NeonGreenHares -

Agree theres nothing about it that screams Halloween Phone Post 3.0

They say in the article though that his yard is full of crap like gravestones and ghosts in the trees and stuff.  It's a pretty close in shot; I'm guessing that there are other decorations directly adjacent to the driveway that they framed out of this picture.

It's pretty funny that he responded to the 911 call by adding another body.

sgotwalks -

It's pretty funny that he responded to the 911 call by adding another body.

Lol Phone Post