HALO 2 initial review

So, I stood in line with all the gamer dorks last night to get my reserve copy of Halo 2 at midnight, and man am I glad I did. Believe the HYPE, this game is everything they said it would be and more.

There is a long intro movie at the beginning of the game, that is definitely worth watching. It helps to kind of immerse you in the game, which adds to the experience. The Graphics are unreal, and the gameplay is fast paced, with well placed cut scenes.

One great new addition to the game is the ability to double up on the guns and go 2 at a time, and the guns seem to have a lot better feel in the new game.

All in all I would have to say that Master Chief would own CJ any day of the week.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041109/tc_nm/media_microsoft_halo_dc

They're expecting to sell 5 million copies, with roughly 2 million in the first day :-O

I bought my copy at lunch and the guys (at EBGames) said they had sold, and I quote, "an assload," but still, I think that's an awfully optimistic forecast.

And "some analysts" expect the game to sell 10 million copies? Those guys must be smoking something not quite legal.....

Yeah, I really doubt it'll sell 10 million. It took Halo 3 years to sell 5.

Awesome graphics and a ton of fun to play. This is my first first person shooter and i love it.

On multiplayer mode does it have the option for computer controlled opponents this time??

TLDF, I don't know, I'll check it out tonight and let you know.

There are no bots

It has a different feel that the first one. It will take me some time to get used to the new controls.

Cuz for me, they got rid of the JUMPY button layout! All the fps games I have played since N64 I've used the left trigger for jumping. It is especially hard to jump now with the southpaw layout.

Also hitting someone with a vehicle doesn't kill them unless you are going really fast. I was the king at hunting down snipers witht the ghost, but no more.

Oh well, I didn't like Halo 1 at first either. It will just take time.

That is fucking retarded that they didn't add bots to the multiplayer mode!!!!!

i agree, i dont get why they dont do that either. im stuck here just shooting my buddy because we dont have anyone else to play with.

so basically u are a lone ranger in this game unless ssomeone comes on LIVE??!!?

don't anticipate a problem finding people to fight on live...........

I think they left out the bots to make you go to live.

Maybe I am missing something but I just bought the game last night and played for a couple of hours. What the hell happend to Master Cheifs power bars? In Halo 1 the sheild would first get depleted and then it took off the power bars. Can someone explain to me how you know how much life you have without power bars anymore. I coulnd't figure out when I was getting shot how much more I could take before I died. Also It seems that there are no more medic kits to recharge your power/life. Any info is welcome.

"so basically u are a lone ranger in this game unless ssomeone comes on LIVE??!!?"

no....you play against random people....or if you know people that play just invite them to your game....I played last night for a few hours and by the end of the game my friends list went from 2 to like 8 so when you go online you can just check to see if any people you know are playing or just play random people you don't know.....there is always people to play on Live

"Maybe I am missing something but I just bought the game last night and played for a couple of hours. What the hell happend to Master Cheifs power bars? In Halo 1 the sheild would first get depleted and then it took off the power bars. Can someone explain to me how you know how much life you have without power bars anymore. I coulnd't figure out when I was getting shot how much more I could take before I died. Also It seems that there are no more medic kits to recharge your power/life. Any info is welcome."

They've done away with the life bars and medipacs. All you have is your shield. You can take one or two hits before you die after your shiled goes down, but thats it. Also everytime your shiled goes down you get those one or two hits. Your shield recharges quicker so you arn't out of the action long. Basically, as soon as your shield beeps, chuck a bomb and get into hiding.

"expect the game to sell 10 million copies"

Lol, that's insane. Are there even 10 million people with Xboxes?

Maybe that's a worldwide figure.